posting pics.

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Harris

posting pics.

Post by Harris » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:57 am

How does one post pics on this?

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: posting pics.

Post by lowangle al » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:02 am

Good question. I am not tech savy but I can post pics elsewhere

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:53 am

As Mr. Pancake would say...

"Easiest thing in the world"

Two main ways. First is to upload directly to the forum. That's a little more involved but not too hard. Try to keep image sizes small in file size < 1MB preferably.

How to:

Under this text box you are typing in you'll see two blue tabs. One says options, the other says upload attachment. Select the one that says upload attachment.

Then you'll see a grey box that says 'Choose Files'. Click that and select the file(s) you want to add. You can do many at once. Then click the button that says 'Add the file(s)'. They will upload to the forum, it may take a minute but you have a list of files shown directly below under "Posted Attachments".

To get the file to show up in text, move the position of the cursor and hit the grey 'Place inline' box. The forum will automatically paste in the text where the cursor was to insert the picture. You can hit preview to see if it went where you want before posting.

This is the text that shows with the name of your picture inside as an example.

(attachment=0)ladykillers4.jpg(/attachment)

Except in square brackets, I had to change for it to show.

The other way is easier on the forum end but you'll need to upload your photos somewhere else on the internet. You can use something like your google account, or facebook to hold the photos.

Then all you need to do is grab the link for the photos from the address bar and press the 'Img' grey button above this box.

You'll get this to show

(img)(/img) but in square brackets. I had to change them for it to show up.

In between the two inner brackets ][ paste the link and the picture will show.

You can check this with the preview again if you like.

Good luck,
Look forward to seeing your STOKE!
ladykillers4.jpg

lowangle al
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:27 pm

After clicking on upload attachment I didn't see the choose file option. I clicked on the browse option but was unable to upload any pics

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:52 pm

Al,

You don't get something that looks like this?
upload.jpg

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:47 pm

Mike, there are two boxes in that space, the first one is empty and the second one says browes. When I clicked browes it connected me to my computer but I was unable to upload a photo.

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:50 pm

Are you connecting through a proxy server? That can screw up the upload function if I remember correctly.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:18 pm

This may be beyond my technical ability with this software. Time for Johnny to earn his keep.

I see what I posted in the screen show whether i'm logged in as a mod or not. A proxy will mess with that stuff, but I don't think you are posting from one as far as I can tell. If you are, don't and see if it works.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:10 pm

Hey Harris got it Al. What's shakin' man? I want to see some of this good Alaska stoke! :mrgreen:

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:45 am

2016-02-07 008.JPG
Now if I could only find the files I am looking for.