Nostalgia

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Harris

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Harris » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:27 am

lowangle al wrote:I wanted those black Phoenix skis back in the day but didn't have the dough.

I just got a pair of those asolo boots this year in great condition for 42 bucks and they still have the yellow lases. They ski exactly like the Merril ultras that I've been on for thirty years but fit me better.
My buddy who raced out of Aspen and who first indoctrinated me had a pair of 3 medal Phoenix skis. I drooled over his boards.

oggopoggo

Post by oggopoggo » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:32 pm

Great photo.
I started with the Lovett Mountain Tour and later skied Truckers at Mt Hutt, NZ. The ski shop staff had never seen telemarking so they gave me a lift to the hill and skied behind me to check it out. I would have liked to try the Phoenix.

athabascae
Favorite Skis: Asnes MR48; Asnes Ingstad
Favorite boots: Alpina Traverse BC; Alpina Alaska BC

Post by athabascae » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:13 am

Yeah, that's a great photo Larry. Super that you still have it.

Tom

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:58 am

Whoa, nice Harris! Red eyes... :lol: 8-)

As my wife would say, "Rippin' it!"

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:05 am

EPIC picture Harris! CRUSHING IT

I found a pair of Asolo Extreme Racers (the one with all the plastic ratchet straps) yesterday in Intervale at Ragged Mtn, for those interested. Can't remember the size but smaller than 46.

teledance

Post by teledance » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:22 am

Harris wrote:
teledance wrote:Started on the same boot, made you a solid tele skier. Still use them for XC/D. Still ski my supercomps occasionally too, mostly spring corn and opening day for centering my stance.
What binding do you ski with your Supercomps? Old 3 pins? Curious because I retired mine because of cable bindings, which were marketed to "Not Be Used" with leather boots. I thought at the time is was a gimmick sales pitch for T1s but I bought the hook and went full plastic with Garmont Garas.

Honestly in pristine resort area conditions my Supercomps were way more responsive and quick turning than any plastic boot. IMO.
Used the voile 3pc. Took them out Friday and the BC was fun, but sliding on ice with no edges and 20 year old boots was a workout getting OB on the traverse.. Raced the next day and my partners from Friday looked aty T-race boots and skis with edges wondering why I tortured myself. Only racer over 50.