TX Pro heel lift.

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Harris

TX Pro heel lift.

Post by Harris » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:07 pm

I've had my TX Pros for some years now and just dealt with my heels floating, and even resorted to using my old Garmont Gara liners, which were uncomfortable as hell, but I finally broke down and went to a boot fitter who in 5 minutes resolved the issue with some criss-cross liner pads. My boot are perfect now. I didn't know that such a fix was out there.

Harris

Re: TX Pro heel lift.

Post by Harris » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:34 pm

A pic.
image.jpeg

Nick BC
Ski style: Free heel Resort/Backcountry
Favorite Skis: Voile Vector BC,Trab Altavia and Hagan Ride 75
Favorite boots: Scarpa TX and T3

Post by Nick BC » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:06 pm

My wife was having problem of slop in her alpine boots and the ski tech fitted one of those to solve the problem.

Harris

Post by Harris » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:34 am

Nick BC wrote:My wife was having problem of slop in her alpine boots and the ski tech fitted one of those to solve the problem.
I generally don't like going to "pros" to fix my stuff, but yeah, maybe I should swallow my pride more often. Ha! Oddly... My older TX Pro boots had that incorporated into their "wrap" liners. Not sure why Scarpa changed that aspect up.

NorseTeleGimp

Post by NorseTeleGimp » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:39 pm

Harris wrote:
Nick BC wrote:My wife was having problem of slop in her alpine boots and the ski tech fitted one of those to solve the problem.
I generally don't like going to "pros" to fix my stuff, but yeah, maybe I should swallow my pride more often. Ha! Oddly... My older TX Pro boots had that incorporated into their "wrap" liners. Not sure why Scarpa changed that aspect up.
Interesting. I have that older tx pro with the wrap liners, haven't experienced any heel lift or slop yet. They do pack out a bit after a solid few hours of skiing though. When I notice the tell tale chirping of the liner against the shell, I know it's time to tighten the buckles another notch.. :)
My quiver of one: K2 Wayback, NTN freeride and TX pros.

Harris

Post by Harris » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:52 pm

NorseTeleGimp wrote:
Harris wrote:
Interesting. I have that older tx pro with the wrap liners, haven't experienced any heel lift or slop yet. They do pack out a bit after a solid few hours of skiing though. When I notice the tell tale chirping of the liner against the shell, I know it's time to tighten the buckles another notch.. :)
Yeah, I had the same problem in my older, yellow and black moulded, wrap liner Scarpas. I ended up tightening them down like crazy through the day. Try and see if you can buy just the new liners. IMO, the yellow/black TX Pros are a better shell than the newer ones (no toe pinch), and with the new liners (fitted) they work awesome. I have both the yellow and red versions. My go-to boot is the worn-out yellows with the red boot's liner.