The Ski Lite / XCD thread

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Re: The Ski Lite / XCD thread

Post by Raventele » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:03 pm

^^ Legends sunt inexplicabilem, massarum obtusus :D :D :D
Digitally painting XCd pix, on the other hand, is rather easily understood --a conspectu meo
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:55 pm

I don't do drugs, and I don't give a frig about what people say or do. I'm THE most anti-facebook guy you will ever see. At the end of the world, when the human race will have killed itself and the earth will be no more, God will come to me and ask: Johnny, my dear friend, tell me true... What the frig went wrong with the human race? What happened? And I will tell him the truth: Dear God, it's very simple. It all started with two simple things: Private property and Facebook.

I know those kind of guys... They're everywhere. We have a french name for them here. A very harsh term that doesn't translate. Narrow-minded babyboomers who think they know skiing because they did a few heli-ski trips in exotic places... Anything different or unknown to them yet (Anything that is not Black Diamond, NTN, Dynafit or Arcteryx) is seen as bad or just methheads stuff.

Anyway, it's just that this Jeff Duval guy keeps badmouthing TT for no reason every single time the forum is friendly mentioned somewhere on FB. I'm pretty sure he must misplace TT with another unknown forum, because I have yet to see "someone acting like an asshole" in here... People are SO cool here! We all love each other don't we?!?
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:07 pm

Hmm..Jeff Duval..Who the fk is he ? Just some poser..
I wonder if he wears trendy stuff like Tele kid ? Ahh, I doubt it..
Probably just FHW or James or or or..I know, probably Crowmore! Again!! :shock: :shock:
He can't touch us..but why do so many ski posers hate REAL skiers ?? :? :? :?
I do drugs all the time..caffeine ( got a new Keurig and had to hack the damned thing just to use my own coffee of choice!!! but that's another story/rant) and alcohol -- good beer..or PBR.. :lol: :lol: Or fake good beer -- something overloaded with hops and called "IPA" ..But I have great indifference to wine..But Vodka is charming and only to be touched on special occasions..Image

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Dude I'm with ya... I hate private property almost as much as I hate facebook... but I deal with both because 'that's what grown ups do'... well yeah, but I also am very outspoken for public land and promoting it to those who don't know it exists.

You know what is funny about facebook? And I probably have like the LEAST amount of friends on facebook, BUT I talk to like 3 or 4 of them and they are my family or close friends. A lot of other people 'freind' me that I've known and especially from HS, but I NEVER talk to them, and when I try, they ignore me... WTF is that? They just want me to be able to see their life and what they've accomplished. They don't actually want to be friends...

Drugs... I am so pro drug it's not even funny. But I also have a father who is an alcoholic and crack head... now supposedly clean but I had to break ties a few years back. I've done a lot of drugs. I've seen what drugs do to people. And I still think it's bullshit to to wage a war on it. It's a giant waste of time that creates a huge black market for real criminals and murderers to get rich from it.

So whatever... even if you were a meth head, which I knew you weren't... I wouldn't care. Have at it if you can do it and have fun, if not, then get help. I'd be the last person to point the finger or blow a whistle though.

And PBR? Ron, dude, are you a hipster?

I'm with you on IPA though. I haven't caught that craze yet. Good thing there are a billion other good beer styles out there.

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Strangely, I guess, PBR is a top choice with young folks..And honestly it's a very unoffensive Pilsner-type..
It's fine for a lite beer -- not in the water-lite-bud-crap sense of " lite" --tasteless , offensive!
Most resorts carry it as a choice for those who do not wish to go broke drinking way over-priced drinks..
Yea, it's a top value in a cheap beer, no doubt in my mind..but I guess it's become somewhat trendy to imbibe ..
Go figger.. :? :? :?
And I like a good IPA that is actually smooth , and less and less of them are..It's a mad race to heavy and bitter and rather uninteresting..

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:01 am

Some adjuncts aren't bad. I actually like one from the Mid-west called Grain Belt. But really they aren't true Pilsners... they are brewed with corn and other shit (like rice in Budweiser). A real Pils is only barely, hops, water and yeast.

Plus if you've ever had a chance to try the original Pilsner: Czechvar (in states) also called Budvar or better known as the real Budweiser, you'd see a bit of a difference.

CIMA
Ski style: NNN-BC
Favorite Skis: Rossignol XP100
Favorite boots: Fischer BC GT

Post by CIMA » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:39 am

[video][/video]

A little bumpy slope covered with fresh powder of around 35cm (13.8in).
I wonder if I could manage the first day of the season. :)
The flowing river never stops and yet the water never stays the same.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:26 am

Pretty good CIMA... I am beginning my season too... Not on Xadv bindings though... I've seen your vids on vimeo: I guees you probably know some of the japanese guys that I follow, skiing on skinny skis... Telehiro, Boozilland, Hiyokod, YSGXK... Pretty good skiers too. Less into the «think big» sort of mentality, more into finesse... I like that.
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:06 am

Nice vid Cima..
Pray to your gods that we get some deep snow soon! WAY past due!!

CIMA
Ski style: NNN-BC
Favorite Skis: Rossignol XP100
Favorite boots: Fischer BC GT

Post by CIMA » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:49 pm

Rodbelan wrote:Less into the «think big» sort of mentality, more into finesse... I like that.
Thanks for your comment, Rodbelan.
Yes, that's what I'm looking for.
The less ski gear interferes between human and snow, the better we can feel. :)
Raventele wrote: Pray to your gods that we get some deep snow soon! WAY past due!!
We're going to have a big snow storm this week.
I'm ready for another powder skiing this weekend. :)
The flowing river never stops and yet the water never stays the same.