Sbounds...leathers

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
greatgt

Re: Sbounds...leathers

Post by greatgt » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:04 am

Headed to Burke on Sunday and left plus amounts of blood up there.....Skinned up the first half, hit the toll road and with Telekid and Teleking sat in the sun waiting for the corn to corn up...heh....One beer and a seltzer later we started to get ready....Dad noticed that there was something wrong on the way up....Away from the path that skiers had taken the sides were a corruption of what we all call snow...Fissures and lumps of hard little blocks of about 4 square inches everywhere and some up to 8 inches...Couldn't even ski up on that stuff....Meaning we had to stay confined....Didn't like having my 109's knowing that the short slow (bones) could eat corn up....The 109's got faster as all this years wax came off and the result was short hard turning...Now at my age that is a workout...At some point i couldn't make the turn so figured to do a turn out tele ...heh.....but flew out into the horrors which brought me down....hard....luckily it was a head first shot.....so my arm that hit that rock was a sliding hit....right elbow took some kind of hit and when i got up there was lots of blood dripping from elbow and knee....Bled the rest of the way down and got some bandages on...one cut was deep and probably needed stitches...Figured the bandages will do the job..... Will use the short Rebounds the next time...Oh, well....TM

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:58 am

SNOW?.....whispers....one word keeps me awake....snow....been gone awhile....but....snow?....six inches?......WHAAAAAAT?......will be ready....snow....oh yeah!....TM

Telerock
Ski style: Leather and wool-three pin
Favorite Skis: S-bounds; E-99s, razors
Favorite boots: Asolo extreme

Post by Telerock » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:06 pm

Snow...snow...snow! I’ll wash my hair in snow...

Telerock

Post by Telerock » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:13 pm

Where do you keep all the snow?
We bring it in at night...

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:35 am

Coming down pretty good right now...Bout an inch....will headout when it hits 2 inches and head for Stanlock Gap and will head up to lock side for easy skiing....cause there will be some debris all around.....Then will do it again till it's gone a second time...When you heading up Rock?....D and I have both had our shots....Time to burn the masks.....tm

connyro
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:29 am

greatgt wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:35 am
....D and I have both had our shots....Time to burn the masks.....tm
Sigh. Unless you are trying to be part of the problem, keep your mask on. From the CDC website: "After you’ve been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you should keep taking precautions—like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces—in public places until we know more."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... now%20more.

Telerock

Post by Telerock » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:17 am

T-man;I’ve got a second shot to go, then 14 days...so mid-May.
My county website says we can visit without masks.
May a road trip up Washington this spring?
6FBAA653-93FB-499F-A101-F678D4AE65CF.png

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:30 am

I wear the mask to make others feel good....Fauci and the CDC have been saying different things and then reverse themselves.....They should do better.....Basically...the last information is 0.0 some damn percent can get or give the virus after getting the shots....If you get the virus after the shots you get a very mild case with about 0 chance of dying....Sure as hell won't wear anything while outside....Where i go am more likely to meet a Moose than a human...Yesterday we skied a new 6 inches of heavy wet snow....Wicked good after no snow on the ground for 10 or so days...TM

connyro

Post by connyro » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:30 am

greatgt wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:30 am
I wear the mask to make others feel good....Fauci and the CDC have been saying different things and then reverse themselves.....They should do better.....Basically...the last information is 0.0 some damn percent can get or give the virus after getting the shots....If you get the virus after the shots you get a very mild case with about 0 chance of dying....Sure as hell won't wear anything while outside....Where i go am more likely to meet a Moose than a human...Yesterday we skied a new 6 inches of heavy wet snow....Wicked good after no snow on the ground for 10 or so days...TM
Think I'd take the CDCs advice over Newsmax or Faux news. But you do you TM.

greatgt

Post by greatgt » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:50 am

Pretty confusing when the top spokesmen come up with differing interpretations....Anyway doesn't seem likely that after the shots that we can transmit or catch the bug.....But this site is for skiing...Telemark skiing.....Had up to 10 inches two days back but couldn't see more than twenty feet as the snow was attached to every branch tree and twig...Only saw Telekid and Telekid at the top of a small knob in the Kingdom.....Vision this...Teleking shoots straight down a short drop....8-10 inches of wet slop down below and almost powder at the top....There's king right foot extended as far forward as possible with his weight on that foot....The trailing ski is as far back as possible in a twisted tele motion....back ski has the tip on the snow the tail in the air....Teleking is heading DOWN!!!!!!! But his long pole is slammed into the mess far forward as they are really long....His trailing ski begins to catch up and he hits another rock, switching his weight to the other ski....Trees, branches, rocks, are all shaking with laughter....teleking disappears into the white of white world and you can hear him slapping whips and other thingers as he descends....Telekid and I look at each other and smile....Another day of Kingdom skiing....Kid and I were skiing survival style.....King was doing what kings do.....TM