The Ski Lite / XCD thread

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Re: The Ski Lite / XCD thread

Post by Raventele » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:18 pm

I'll post some here too when I find time as I post them over at Teast, LJ..
YEE HAW!!
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:55 am

Born in Texas Bout as Vermont as one can get....but still....Texas!!! While Dad served in Vietnam....Rastatele...

paulk

Post by paulk » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:21 am

First off I hope to learn a lot via this thread and contribute where I can. I recently removed NNN BC from my Fischer Snowbounds (77-61-69) and put on Voile 3pin cables and was wondering if anyone else finds this ski to be a lot of fun. I bought them in 2010. They are my softest ski and the least cambered of my bunch, which led me to focus on them as my primary XCD ski. I use leather Merrell two-buckle boots. I’ve been having a great time practicing turns on the big hill on the golf course behind my house since we got the new 10” the other day. I think they call the Snowbound ski the S-Bound 78 now. Just checking in from the Adirondacks; wishing everyone a great weekend.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Yeah!! Keep those XCD pics coming!

I don't know a lot about the S-Bounds, except that they have been on my "TO BUY" list for about 5 years now... 8-)

They must be killer skis, since just like Guides and 10th Mtns, they are really hard to find used...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Heh, Telekid has a set for sale.....He had to drop about 800 verts of steep on a broken Outtabounds today....Have some serious powder down here LJ...But we all have been hitting thingers down under and that.....ain't good.....TM

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics

Post by Johnny » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:45 pm

Yeah you guys received like 4-5 more inches then what we got here.. Not only Vermont is the only state in the US where it's legal to be naked in public, you also always get more snow, even if you're just a few miles south...

We need to wait for the snow to consolidate a bit here... No way to avoid the thingers in that fluffy stuff yet...!

Teleman

Post by Teleman » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:41 am

So Telekid broke his go to ski....(he has another seriously beat set) But he has been skiing more and more on e99's and I mean steep stuff....His thinking which goes in a totally different direction....the skinnies will surfatize more than a wide shorty....Telewheels was heading up as we were leaving. He has mondo plastic boots and some downhill type binding, mounted on Vectors....They should work well...well...he was hitting lots of stuff down under on those very wide skis, while we were toutching now and again.///but the skis were keeping the tips up...This weekend telekid will be on e99's and I...being older and slower...will be on e109's...(Older =fatter and shorter) Am trying to get them to go to Telecamp not Little Mountain cause there will be 20-30 inches of powder on hardpack...Only steeps will get us going with that much powder....Less powder Little Mointain, (15-20 inches)...Highlands 20-30...with short steep drops....Votes are even so far...Teleman

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:27 pm

We like it tight out here too, LJ!

Through the trees and into the glades..

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:47 am

Cooool! Now that's real skiing... Real snow, real glades! I'm so jealous....!

I wonder why I'm still stuck in the worst place on the planet for skiing even if skiing is all my life. Oh I know why, just because it's the only place in the world I can afford to ski everyday without having a day job... I guess we get what we pay for... 8-)

Hey, are those BLACK DIAMOND poles in pic #4? :D
IMG_0242.JPG

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:59 am

Yea..BD adjustables..they come in handy for the skate out on an XC /snowmobile road after one drops about 1000 feet of vert there..