Voile Tele ski crampon

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
zanskar11

Voile Tele ski crampon

Post by zanskar11 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:37 pm

Does anyone have experience with this crampon
https://www.sport-conrad.com/en/product ... mpons.html

I´m not used to have a crampon that is fixed on the ski - I have a pair of crampons for my 22 design axl that moves up from the snow when walking...
Would be great to hear if anyone has good/bad expericenc?

Also when I look at the possiblity to mount the crampon on my K2 wayback 96, with a voile x2 switchback binding - its not really compatible - the distance between the front binding and heelhigher is too short. And if I put the crampon further forward the front binding will touch the crampon....
Voile Universal Ski Crampons 1.jpg
Voile Universal Ski Crampons
Voile Universal Ski Crampons 3.jpg
Voile Universal Ski Crampons

spopepro

Re: Voile Tele ski crampon

Post by spopepro » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:54 pm

You never actually notice the fixed crampon. It seems like it will be dragging and annoying and really you just don't even notice it. It's fine.

My crampons fit fine (28.5/29mp) between the switchbacks and riser wires. Maybe the longer riser should go on the back?

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:52 pm

@spopepro Thank you for your post. I have been aware of this simple crampon for some time. I am also aware that mechanically it is a much more simple. I figured it may be too simple. Not that I’m skiing anywhere I need a ski crampon.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:13 pm

spopepro wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:54 pm
You never actually notice the fixed crampon. It seems like it will be dragging and annoying and really you just don't even notice it. It's fine.

My crampons fit fine (28.5/29mp) between the switchbacks and riser wires. Maybe the longer riser should go on the back?
Agreed. Really great, don't notice them at all and the benefit is just placing the ski down engages the crampon, so you can mount them forward of a binding, for instance, not as ideal but a solution. No fiddly small parts that have to line up that are filled with snow, in the wind, etc. Plug and play. Specifically good for teleboots with big external arches-- no need for adapters to engage the crampon.

Spacing wise-- why not tuck underneath the heel-riser? Does the heel riser hit your boot if it comes up a little? Also, have you ever used the TALL riser anyway? I have removed all mine. I find my boot folds up using the tall one, annoying.

zanskar11

Post by zanskar11 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:14 pm

Thanks for all input! as you said -i will not use the highest heel-higher so I can take it away maybe - but I dont know how do that. And when I put the scarpa boot in the binding it didn´t touch the crampon so it worked fine. then its just that I have never seen a crampon that are fixed - but it sounds reassuring that you think it works fine! So I´ll probably will mount it! Thanks again! Anna