Help! G3 Reverend mounting position

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Help! G3 Reverend mounting position

Post by bgregoire » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi Folks, newby question I guess but I have a used pair of 177cm G3 Reverends. Want to slap some SBs on em but can't figure out where to mount them. G3 has no info to be found as the mounting stickers are long gone. Previous bindings where installed about at chord center and I saw a comment in a forum stating G3 mounting placement is usually quite a bit in front of chord center. Thanks for helping me out, really want to get out there soon!
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

MikeK

Re: Help! G3 Reverend mounting position

Post by MikeK » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:39 pm

Ben, no idea on your exact situation or that ski, but what I've noticed is a lot of the more aggressive downhill oriented xcd skis recommend mounting anywhere between 1 to 2cm forward (toward the tip) of chord. This is of course the theoretical pin line. If your bindings don't actually have pins I'd assume they'd have a mark of some sort or a template to reference the pin line.

There is some adjustment to this based on shoe size to get the binding set for boot center relative to the pin line, but I can't recall what the recommendations are. If I recall you have close to a nominal boot size like I do so I just mount as said above - smaller boots the pin line goes back toward chord, larger farther forward.

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:42 pm

Well, If this ever is of any interest to anyone else, the folks at G3 told me that boot center is probably 74cm from tail for the 177 G3 Reverend. That brings the pin line to something like 3 cm above chord center for a 27.5 boot.
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:58 pm

Boot center measured from the tail is:

model - ski length - boot center measured from the tail
REVEREND 170 70.5cm
REVEREND 177 74cm
REVEREND 185 78cm

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Post by Rodbelan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:55 am

Did you put the center of your boot on that line? You know how to measure center of boot... without the duckbill? Just to be sure that you didn't put pin line on that mark...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

bgregoire

Post by bgregoire » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:25 am

Rodbelan wrote:Did you put the center of your boot on that line? You know how to measure center of boot... without the duckbill? Just to be sure that you didn't put pin line on that mark...
:) Did my best, the board is starting to look like swiss cheese. I had to move the binding up about 2.5 cm. And yes, I followed instructions for finding the theoretical pin line up half a boot (without duckbill) from boot center. Had them out yesterday and they were a blast. Thanks!