BCX TRANSNORDIC 75 waterproof

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Re: BCX TRANSNORDIC 75 waterproof

Post by CwmRaider » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:14 pm

I got a pair of these from Telemark Pyrenees and just took them for a 1h spin in the local backcountry. They are massive but still useable for k&g, and much more comfortable to my feet than the Scarpa T4. They offer much better control than the Crispi Bre while, all the same, not being close to as comfortable as the latter on longer tours from my initial impression. I suppose there is an inevitable trade-off, but it is a happier compromise for me than the T4 so far.
The duck bills seems rather thick. It clicks into the top hook of my Rottefella Super Telemark bindings. I also really like that there is no boot rocker unlike my other boots.

If the NNN-BC version has similar performance to the 75mm version, then it must be by far the most DH oriented boot available for the NNN -BC system.

CwmRaider
Ski style: XC-(D) tinkerer
Favorite Skis: Åsnes FT62 XP, Børge Ousland
Occupation: Very precise measurements of very small quantities.

Post by CwmRaider » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:04 am

@fisheater, I just used some calipers.
The duckbill of the Transnordic 75 is 18mm thick, the same thickness as i measured for the Scarpa T4.
The welted duckbill of the Crispi Bre is 16mm thick, part of which is the leather from the upper part.

Further duckbill info from other models sourced here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2382&hilit=duckbill ... a0ea567a52
Fischer BCX 675: 17mm
Rossignol X-12: 17.5 mm
Scott Excursion: 18mm
Alpina Alaska: 15-16 mm

I went for a 12 km, 2 hour XC tour with 400m climbing in the back yard yesterday, with the Transnordic (on Otto Sverdrup), no problems with comfort but I still think the Crispi Bre is quite a bit better for longer distance touring.

The Otto was also living up to expectations. Toko Red wax heel to snakebite, excellent grip and very nice kick and glide properties. Easy kick turns on steeper climbs, good control on the way down.

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:30 am

@Roelant Thank you, that is interesting information

jalp

Post by jalp » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:21 pm

Could anyone who has tried on the Transnordic 75 comment on the last width and volume? Specifically the forefoot/toebox. It would be especially helpful to compare the width/volume of the TN 75 to the Alaska 75 as I already have a pair of those. The Alaska is a fantastic boot for me with the exception of width. I have a very wide foot and although I sized up for the Alaska, it still doesn't give me quite enough. It's workable with a thin sock but the extra length makes it feel a bit floppy in the toe. Hoping that the TN 75 has more room and that I can wear it at my correct length.

Thanks!

stilltryin
Ski style: Wandering the untracked (by humans)
Favorite Skis: Voile V6 BC; Karhu XCD/GT
Favorite boots: Scarpa T3; Alpina Alaska NNN-BC

Post by stilltryin » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:44 pm

I wear a thin sock with my Alaska 75 in size 45.
My Transnordic NNN BC in size 45 can take a second insole and/or thick sock.
I have no experience with the Transnordic 75.

jalp

Post by jalp » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:14 pm

stilltryin wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:44 pm
I wear a thin sock with my Alaska 75 in size 45.
My Transnordic NNN BC in size 45 can take a second insole and/or thick sock.
I have no experience with the Transnordic 75.
@stilltryin Thanks, much appreciated! By all indications, that's good news for me provided that Fischer sizing is fairly consistent between the 75 and BC. Hopefully this will be confirmed when my pair arrives later this week.

wabene
Ski style: Stiff kneed and wide eyed.
Favorite Skis: Åsnes Gamme, Fischer SB98, Mashus M50, M78, Pano M62
Favorite boots: Crispi Svartsen 75mm, Scarpa T4

Post by wabene » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:36 am

jalp wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:21 pm
Could anyone who has tried on the Transnordic 75 comment on the last width and volume? Specifically the forefoot/toebox. It would be especially helpful to compare the width/volume of the TN 75 to the Alaska 75 as I already have a pair of those. The Alaska is a fantastic boot for me with the exception of width. I have a very wide foot and although I sized up for the Alaska, it still doesn't give me quite enough. It's workable with a thin sock but the extra length makes it feel a bit floppy in the toe. Hoping that the TN 75 has more room and that I can wear it at my correct length.

Thanks!
I have a wide forefoot with squared off toes (more straight across than coming to a point). I have the Fischer BCX 6 in 75mm and the boot always seemed comfortable, until about 4 miles in. The problem for me is the boot comes to too much of a point and over time forces my big toe in towards my other toes causing bunion pain. I need a large toe box like my Altra trail runners. I now have Crispi Norland Hook in NNN BC and Crispi Svartsen in 75mm and they are supremely comfortable! Nice big, straight toe box. I also have a $40 pair of Alico Ski March's which seem to have similar room, but I haven't taken the time to break them in yet. I've also heard Alfa boots have a wide toe box. Wiggling toes are warm toes.

TheMusher
Ski style: Telemark / BC / Nordic sled

Post by TheMusher » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:57 pm

wabene wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:36 am
jalp wrote:

Thanks!
I have a wide forefoot with squared off toes (more straight across than coming to a point). I have the Fischer BCX 6 in 75mm and the boot always seemed comfortable, until about 4 miles in. The problem for me is the boot comes to too much of a point and over time forces my big toe in towards my other toes causing bunion pain. I need a large toe box like my Altra trail runners. I now have Crispi Norland Hook in NNN BC and Crispi Svartsen in 75mm and they are supremely comfortable! Nice big, straight toe box. I also have a $40 pair of Alico Ski March's which seem to have similar room, but I haven't taken the time to break them in yet. I've also heard Alfa boots have a wide toe box. Wiggling toes are warm toes.
I usually have the same problem as Wabene here.

Whereas I use 44 for crispi, I countered this issue by sizing up to 45 with the Transnordic. It fits very well as such, although tighter than a similiar crispi. Disclaimer since I haven't tried it in the field yet.

jalp

Post by jalp » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:48 am

wabene wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:36 am
jalp wrote:
Sounds like my feet. I think I have a Hobbit ancestor or something. :lol: I'm definitely a fan of the Altra trail runners. Probably the first pair of footwear that ever truly fit me.

Good to hear that the Svartisen are working well for you. It was a toss up between those and the Transnordic but I couldn't find a pair in my size in NA. I had to return my first pair of TN75 because of the defect I mentioned in another thread https://www.telemarktalk.com/viewtopic. ... 0&start=20 The replacements should be here tomorrow!

Inspiredcapers
Ski style: Erratic
Favorite Skis: Gammes currently at the top of the list
Favorite boots: Transnordics in NNN-BC & 75mm

Post by Inspiredcapers » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:17 pm

Curious to hear more feedback about the Transnordic 75’s. Which binding seems best with them? Is a Switcback X2 too much binding for them? Would they be okay for the rare day at a ski hill for casual skiing?