FrankenTele???

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: FrankenTele???

Post by Woodserson » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:37 am

jarlybart wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:17 am
Ant01ne wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:41 am
youtube : keyword "frankentele telemark binding"

shouldnt be called "franken" but "next gen tele bindings"
At the time, FrankenTele made the most sense to my little brain. I had a bunch of fun playing with the idea and I can almost blame Mitch for it(Mitch's Bitch for life). I never took it too seriously but no question put some energy into it because I want to ensure it was safe and skied correctly. The G3 Onyx was the game-changer in that whole thing. I will post two of the videos below to show the progression but there are more on Youtube. I just wish the Frenchies would have given the FrankenTele a nod when they took the idea and made it their own...but what could you expect from Frenchies? ;-)

First ever video...if you have been around long enough, you have likely already seen this:

Year 3 with the new binding set-up:
So what are you skiing now?

jarlybart
Ski style: Telemark though I do Alpine and Snowboard too
Favorite Skis: Deviation made in Portland or ON3P
Favorite boots: Scarpa NTN though I have a few options.
Occupation: Husband, Father, small business owner and Telemark Ski Nerd. :-)

Re: FrankenTele???

Post by jarlybart » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:19 am

Honestly, just skiing regular Telemark gear without the heel. I had a ton of fun playing with the idea but reality is, I am a telemark skier. If I am locking my heel down, it's for a demo, trying to teach my son something new or when snowboarding...otherwise I am only freeheel skiing. I keep thinking about playing around with other ideas but life is busy and up until this year, I have not had the time to play with it since 2010. All is well and having tons of fun!
Free the heel...and then free it again!

Thank you Mitch for all that you did for all of us. You will be missed!