Considering the Gamme

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Capercaillie
Ski style: trying not to fall too much
Favorite Skis: Alpina 1500T, Kazama Telemark Comp
Favorite boots: Alfa Horizon, Crispi Nordland, Scarpa T4

Re: Considering the Gamme

Post by Capercaillie » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:47 pm

Inspiredcapers wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:16 pm
Anyone selling a shorter Green Man or Teal Man (I’ve currently got 210’s)? I’d like to try something in the 190ish length in the single track trails.
I have been skiing 195cm Ingstads on single-track hiking and mountain bike trails. Not only do they work in deep powder when I go to the mountains, where I don't have enough skills to drive narrower skis on the way down, but they are also surprisingly stable when the local trails get packed down into ice luge tracks. I can sink into a narrow rear-weighted telemark and ride the curves on the inside ski without worrying about skis getting deflected or spreading apart. I can't do that on any of my ~50mm waist classic skis, or my Fischer TN66 (66-54-61 profile similar to Gamme's 68-54-61) most of the time. The narrow skis are more exciting, but the Ingstad is more versatile. I think short ones would complement 210cm Gammes very well.

Inspiredcapers
Ski style: Erratic
Favorite Skis: Gammes currently at the top of the list
Favorite boots: Transnordics in NNN-BC & 75mm

Re: Considering the Gamme

Post by Inspiredcapers » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:45 am

Thanks for the response Capercaillie

Interesting timing, I’m just about to mount an Xplore binding on the 205 Ingstad that showed up yesterday (pretty decent sale at La Cordee- 40% off). I’ve been really pushing the Gamme on the trails (better known as “ice luge tracks” since there’s been no snow this last week- good one) and enjoying it. Hope I enjoy Ingstad as much as I’ve been enjoying Gamme.