Gardening thread 2016

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
connyro
needs to take stock of his life

Re: Gardening thread 2016

Post by connyro » Fri May 20, 2016 10:24 am

Slow start to the growing season but finally got some asparagus from the garden:
asp.jpeg

The Lovely Bear

Post by The Lovely Bear » Fri May 20, 2016 2:52 pm

jibmaster

Post by jibmaster » Sun May 22, 2016 3:49 am

A little tour of my backyard taken a few weeks ago, here in the hills above the Napa Valley.
So much has grown since then...
[youtube][/youtube]

connyro

Post by connyro » Tue May 24, 2016 10:33 am

Nice looking spot JM! It looks like you've got a great setup for growing your own food. I live in town so chickens are out of the question on my 50'x150' lot. Fresh home-grown veges are great and all, but home-grown eggs are the best. Your growing season seems to be a couple months ahead of ours. My lettuce/bitter greens/onions are just now ready for eating. Peas are just poking through the soil. Carrots and beets are up finally. Broccoli and bsprouts are out in the garden and growing. Beans, tomatoes, peppers go in the soil next week.

I started using compost tea this year on my young plants. I am liking the results so far. Very healthy growth overall with noticeably healthier roots, big fat stems, and a very green color to the leaves, all without any additional fertilizers other than compost mixed into my potting mix, and the tea I mentioned above.