Salomon shelves SNS BC/XAdv boots and bindings.

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
anrothar

Salomon shelves SNS BC/XAdv boots and bindings.

Post by anrothar » Sat May 14, 2016 1:48 pm

Happened upon the info on this site:

http://www.randonner-leger.org/forum/vi ... p?id=27687

And it appears to be true. They no longer show the boots or bindings on the Salomon US site, and only have one XCd ski listed. By the looks of it, their move to adopt the tech AT standard has pushed them to join Atomic in driving a wedge between nordic and backcountry. For off trail touring, they jump from their 59/50/55 partial metal edge skis to compact, skis with huge sidecut in the 85mm waist range. Can a Canadian confirm this, since your IP address will get you to the Canadian Salomon site?
Last edited by anrothar on Sat May 14, 2016 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeK

Re: Salomon shelves SNS BC/XAdv boots and bindings.

Post by MikeK » Sat May 14, 2016 5:14 pm

I'm pretty sure I read this earlier this year, but I can't remember where and I also checked Salomons site. No more BC Nordic.

'Tis a shame but my guess is Rotte just killed them, not necessarily with performance or price, but versatility. If you didn't like Salomon boots, you probably weren't going to like skiing their bindings.

Skating and AT are also the hot shit. That's where the money and the development are. And there is no glamour in BC Nordic... that's why I LOVE IT!

Rokjox

Post by Rokjox » Mon May 16, 2016 12:06 pm

I really never followed their product lines, I don't ski that way, but this would appear to be huge to me. Solomon had a lot of money tied up in that. Maybe they are making room for something new in their line? Next fall would seem to be the time, or at a trade show, to roll out something new.

In the end, its not the skl, its the skier.

anrothar

Post by anrothar » Mon May 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Salomon has had their own AT binding system for a long time as well. I predict they start making Dynafit style bindings and just follow the same route as Atomic. They've already added the tech fittings to their AT boots. Atomic was/is all about SNS bindings, guessing some kind of partnership. Atomic shelved their seemingly popular bc nordic line a few years ago and replaced it with lightweight AT skis.