Let's see your 16-17 quiver!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
anrothar

Re: Let's see your 16-17 quiver!

Post by anrothar » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:21 pm

lilcliffy wrote:I wonder how a ski like the Asnes Amundsen would compare to the Glitt/Gamme54 in terms of your skiing context.

The Amundsen is available in both a touring camber-flex (Amundsen BC) and an expedition/heavy-load camber-flex (Amundsen Fram BC).

I waffled for a while between the two skis. Gamme won out due to it's purportedly better turning ability and the fact that my multiday pack almost never weighs more than 30-35 lbs in winter. Amundsen looks like it was designed with Amundsen style skiing in mind- long, flat expanses and ultra heavy loads. Gamme seems a little more like a mountain bc-xc ski.

snow-mark

Post by snow-mark » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:34 am

No pictures, but my quiver includes:

Madshus Epochs with Voile 3-pin cable
Madshus Glittertind wax skis, Voile Mountaineer
Kazama Mountain Highs, old Rottefella 3-pin
Alpina discoveries (I think...they're old, rarely used) with NNN

Boots are Alpina Alaska, Fischer BCX 875, Rossi BCX 11, and Alpina NNN touring boots.

Strongly considering adding a set of performance skis/boots for groomed Nordic centers.

athabascae
Favorite Skis: Asnes MR48; Asnes Ingstad
Favorite boots: Alpina Traverse BC; Alpina Alaska BC

Post by athabascae » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:48 pm

Here is mine...

Skis:
Asnes Ingstad with NNN-BC Magnum
Asnes Rago with NNN-BC
Bonna Conquest with NNN-BC Auto
Fisher SCS Classic with NNN
Altai Hok with universal binding (for now)

Boots:
Alpina Alaska (NNN-BC)
Alpina Traverse (NNN-BC)
Merrell Backcountry (NNN-BC)
Alpina T30 (NNN)

The Rago and Traverse are for my teenager or a guest to join me for a ski.

If I did add another ski, it would probably be the Asnes Mountain Race with NNN-BC. Or, then again, maybe the Asnes Storetind with 3 pins and Garmont Excursions.... This may not end well.
Last edited by athabascae on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:38 pm

athabascae wrote:
If I did add another ski, it would probably be the Asnes Mountain Race with NNN-BC. Or, then again, maybe the Asnes Stortind with 3 pins and Garmont Excursions.... THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME QUIVER AND I'M JUST GOING TO GO AHEAD AND DO IT RIGHT NOW!
fixed

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:52 pm

The storetind is no more, but they made the line even better.

Now it's Falketind and Tind covering 4 different waist widths.

62 and 68 mm waists for the skinny, more XCD Falketind and 76 and 85 mm waists for the more AT/Tele Tinds. They all have camber and rockered tips and tails. They all have the skinlock system as well.

Should you buy one of them? Yes.

athabascae

Post by athabascae » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:53 pm

Woodserson wrote:
athabascae wrote:
If I did add another ski, it would probably be the Asnes Mountain Race with NNN-BC. Or, then again, maybe the Asnes Stortind with 3 pins and Garmont Excursions.... THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME QUIVER AND I'M JUST GOING TO GO AHEAD AND DO IT RIGHT NOW!
fixed
Ha. Your right.

athabascae

Post by athabascae » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks Mike. Hope you had a good summer.

There is snow on the ground in the valleys here in the Yukon, but not enough to ski yet. Lots in the mountains.

Hope you guys back east have a much better season than last year. If not, hope you get a fat bike and nordic skates. Don't waste it indoors or waiting in lift lines...

I'm looking forward to lots of tranquil miles exploring both familiar and new ground on the Ingstads and Bonnas this winter. Maybe a few fast(ish) laps at lunch on the Fishers. Can't wait! I'm stoked to ski.

I'm going to have to have a hard look at the Tinds, maybe with Scarpa T4 or Excursions, for this winter too. The Mountain Race can probably wait until the end of season sales.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Cool! Summer has been great Tom - different than years past with my wife being pregnant, but I certainly got plenty of miles on my bikes. My boats collected a bit more dust than I would have liked.

I suspect I'll probably be doing lots of this:

for a while. Which isn't as bad as you might think.

I still plan on skiing but even if we have a good year, it might be less than last year.

Once the boys can walk though, then I'll start pushing them down sledding hills on their skis :twisted: And hopefully they can stay with grandma and grandpa so we can do some other skiing.

athabascae

Post by athabascae » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:18 pm

Holy smokes Mike. I only left for a couple of months, and there you go. Congratulations! How old is the little gaffer?

Looks like you got a great winter ahead of you. Kids are awesome!

Tom

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:44 pm

Well there are 3, and they are only a few days old. They came out on the 27th of this month.

We expect them to be in the hospital for the next 6-8 weeks but everyone is doing great so far.