Rotten Freedom anyone?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Rotten Freedom anyone?

Post by Rodbelan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:58 pm

I am thinking of getting a pair of those... I tried the Freeride a couple of times and I do not really like them... I'd like more flexible fore and aft motion, smoother spring travel. What about the Freedom?

Another question: how does the release mechanism work? I know it is a lateral release but... found noting on that on the net...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: Rotten Freedom anyone?

Post by Johnny » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:10 pm

Rodbelan wrote:I'd like more flexible fore and aft motion, smoother spring travel.
Try the soft, green cartridges... And try different settings with them until you get the smoothness you want according to your weight and ski style...
how does the release mechanism work?
Very simple: It doesn't work.
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

NTN Mike

Re: Rotten Freedom anyone?

Post by NTN Mike » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:39 am

If you want a softer more progressive flex, try the Outlaw. The Freedom is a nice softer option than the free ride, but the outlaw has that sweet smooth progressive flex feel of a hammerhead.

Despite what folks say, the binders DO release! I've released out of freerides, freedoms, and outlaws... And i'm not Houdini.

Have fun.