Rope Tows to visit this year

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
MikeK

Re: Rope Tows to visit this year

Post by MikeK » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:34 pm

The wool is classy :!:

We should call you Woolerson...

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:18 pm

MikeK wrote:The wool is classy :!:

We should call you Woolerson...
That definitely works for me. I struggle with the pants. Bean stopped making this absolutely amazing wool-flannel pant for men, my wife has two pairs in an awesome print... soft and warm. They have great wool hunting pants but too thick for when you get sweaty K&G... I have two pairs but now I'm scrounging Army-Navy stores for good subs.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:15 pm

I saw you had a pair of those surplus army wool pants on in another picture. I was going to say something.

I bought a pair for my dad way back for Christmas one year. They had them at Sierra Trading post. This was before the internet was widespread and you had to order from a book :!:

Anyway, I wish I had bought a bunch of those pants because they were awesome. I recall my dad used them for skiing. He was always going on about how good they were, and comfy the wool was. I believe it was Merino wool.

I used to love wearing wool for winter camping and such. It always seemed to keep me at the right temp. All this synthetic crap makes me all sweaty.

Woodserson

Post by Woodserson » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Yeah dude, I hear you on all accounts.

Those were Army pants in the chairlift picture. 1945, the year is stamped inside.... bought them years ago, a little short for everyday wear but absolutely great in winter outside with gaters or big boots. Bulletproof, not itchy, thick, just amazing pants. I have those, and the two flannelized wool pants, and thick hunting pants that are too chafe worthy. I have an amazing sweater collection too.

I'm so attached to all my exterior wool clothing I hand wash it in the tub, only once a year (except the socks and merino long underwear), with a special non-alkaline wool soap that doesn't strip the oils and helps replace the lanolin (it's called Kookaburra). My wife thinks I'm insane.

Woodserson

Post by Woodserson » Tue May 02, 2017 12:58 pm

OH YEAH! I forgot I took this video earlier this winter-