Outlaw / help

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
hoodoo65

Outlaw / help

Post by hoodoo65 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:25 am

Hello there,

Need help with these issues w/ Outlaw bindings:

1. Hard tim stepping out.

2. Broke the flex plate after 10 rides. Will 22D fix this ?

3. Stepping in sometimes hard, need a bit kick to engage binding.

Thanks for helping !

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: Outlaw / help

Post by Johnny » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:41 am

I haven't broke any plates (yet!) but I heard it before... Just contact 22D and they will send you a replacement...

The binding is not perfect... I sometimes have trouble stepping in and out too... Just make sure you dont have any snow on your boots... And use silicon lube to prevent snow build-up on the binding...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

willco99

Post by willco99 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Hey there,

I bought the Outlaw as soon as it came out last year and had a few issues.

I broke several flex plates last season. They sent free replacements each time but the first replacements broke as well. Then 22D did a redesign half-way through the season and sent me the new versions and I have not broken one since. They have been working fine so far this season as well.

The cams were not locking down on step-in with my Crispi WC's. 22D redesigned the cams and sent me new ones....they work perfectly now and I have no issues stepping out. I'll says every once in a while the duckbutt gets hung up nut it's usually because I pull my foot backward before I lift up and out.

Also, check your spring caps for gouges. Mine were pretty bad last year. They redesigned the cam retention screwheads and it's no longer an issue.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

WC

willco99

Post by willco99 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:37 pm

I think all the kinks are worked out now....they have been working absolutely perfectly this season. Love em!