Who's skiing tomorrow?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
MikeK

Re: Who's skiing tomorrow?

Post by MikeK » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:55 pm

fisheater wrote: I am taking my son north for rental snow this weekend.
I'm stealing that phrase...

I felt like breaking my bike out a week ago it was so brown and warm. When those 3-6" came it was like a blizzard hit! I never knew that little snow could be so nice.

Meanwhile 3 hours from me there is a 6' base. Yes, 6' to the east of Lake Ontario. And it's still snowing according to the webcams this morning.

Headed out there with the wife this Friday for one of those mental health days. I thought we were going to ski track set XC, but now I don't know... might need to do some fat ski XC.

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:40 am

MikeK wrote:Gareth... you should get some speed and do a 360 off that lip ;)
HA! I leave that to my children at this point in my life!
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

satsuma

Post by satsuma » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Not tomorrow--have to see my eye doctor, appointment made months ago.

It's still snowing in the mountains here, but it is much warmer. High of 37 at 5000 ft. tomorrow. Raining locally (today).

Just finished a week in Colorado XC track skiing and guiding sight-impaired skiers. See www.sfl.org if interested.

frickus

Post by frickus » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:49 pm

It's not today, but I thought I should mention an event if anyone is in the vicinity.
Saturday, February 25th is the umpteenth annual XC ski poker run in Centennial, WY. About 7 miles of XCD in the Snowy Range mountains. Includes a bonfire, beer and music. This will be my third year in a row.
I recommend getting an early start, to stay ahead of the amateurs and get first dibs on the beer and a good seat at the bonfire.

I'll post a report and maybe some pictures after the event. (assuming all the snow hasn't melted by then)

Event Link (on the book of faces): https://www.facebook.com/events/1879300322208856/