Versant nature, La Réserve, february 11th 2017

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Bri7

Versant nature, La Réserve, february 11th 2017

Post by Bri7 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Tuesday, it rained pretty much everywhere on the earth (read within a 3 hours drive from Montreal). From Vermont to Maine passing by the Laurentians nothing escaped the rain. Just below Mont Tremblant, La Reserve in Saint-Donat caught some mixed precipitations too. I wanted to ski so did my friend Luc.

We headed to La Reserve to ski their versant Nature, a backcountry playground offered free of charge to the skiers. If you are lazy a chair can take you to the top for 10$ canadian (probably 2-3$ amercain) instead of taking thei extremely long skin track to get to the backside of the mountain. Conditions were not optimal but it could have been worst. It is forecasting 30+ cm of fresh pow tonight. I will be on my ski again tomorrow!!!

Here the video of the day

MikeK

Re: Versant nature, La Réserve, february 11th 2017

Post by MikeK » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Man - no one likes videos here huh?

I saw this on FB already Bri... nice jump ;)

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:59 pm

No, I loved the video. I should have replied however suffering from snow envy, I have a secondary terrain envy thing going on also.
Great video, great skiing

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:04 pm

LOL all the envies you have. I can sympathize. Time to pack up the rugrats, methinks.

Bri7

Post by Bri7 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Worst timing ever for posting a video :) Everybody got their share of the cake this time form down south to way north. I hope you were all on your skis today; conditions were awesome this morning!