End of an era?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Re: End of an era?

Post by Rodbelan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:16 am

MikeK wrote:
connyro wrote:Sorry Mike. I guess your anecdotal evidence is better than my anecdotal evidence. My bad.

Christ, one little disagreement with you and it turns into a negative attitude and threats 'banning'. You are too defensive. How is pointing out experience insulting? I'm sorry but 'technical merit' AND experience are both valid arguments.
Where was the threat? I didn't threaten you with anything. You imagined I thought that and proceeded to throw it in my face.

I only said I remember how you are.

It's not anecdotal. You attempted to explain how your experience led you to a certain opinion. I asked if you had apples to apples comps. You didn't answer and deflected and created another strawman to attack.

I asked you to explain the mechanics of of support on the outside of the boot is different than lateral support on the center of the boot. I'm not an idiot, I clearly can see the difference between a ST and a Spike in terns of wing length. Again, no answer. Deflection. Personal attack.

This one's not so moderate. Go fuck yourself.

I'm done with this shit.
Mike, with all due respect, you are overreacting... You are the moderator...
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:23 am

connyro wrote: Nope. I'm saying that one system excels at touring and one system is better for telemark turns.
True. Everybody knows that pins are super cool for XC, touring and lowangle stuff. But for more serious skiing, steeps and technical descents, NNNBC is a hell lot more powerful... ;)
merak wrote:I've just talked to a person today that buys(I think) scrap from Germany to find me some cheap wide and light skis. If all comes well next step would be to describe him the duck bill and telemark bindings(nobody wants them so very cheap stuff) :lol:
Now that's totally my kind of ski shopping...! 8-)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:27 am

Rodbelan wrote:
I just resigned. Can I tell you to go fuck yourself now?

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:31 am

LoveJohnny wrote:
connyro wrote: Nope. I'm saying that one system excels at touring and one system is better for telemark turns.
True. Everybody knows that pins are super cool for XC, touring and lowangle stuff. But for more serious skiing, steeps and technical descents, NNNBC is a hell lot more powerful... ;)
merak wrote:I've just talked to a person today that buys(I think) scrap from Germany to find me some cheap wide and light skis. If all comes well next step would be to describe him the duck bill and telemark bindings(nobody wants them so very cheap stuff) :lol:
Now that's totally my kind of ski shopping...! 8-)
have you ever seen the NNNBC with cables version... It sounds like a joke, but it existed (was existing? sorry for my «Brad» english)...

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics

Post by Johnny » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:38 am

Rodbelan wrote:have you ever seen the NNNBC with cables version... It sounds like a joke, but it existed (was existing? sorry for my «Brad» english)...
Of course I did... 8-)

Cables are useful with pins, but totally useless for NNNBC... With the right setup, NNNBC is about 10 times more powerful than pins with cables... I compared my NTN setup (Red tubes at 4) side by side with my downhill NNN setup... Activeness is pretty much the same...

Rodbelan

Post by Rodbelan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:51 am

MikeK wrote:
Rodbelan wrote:
I just resigned. Can I tell you to go fuck yourself now?
Sure... I do not take these things that personal.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:55 am

Rodbelan wrote: Sure... I do not take these things that personal.
Good, then you shouldn't give a fuck how someone interacts with someone else - no one asked for your fucking opinion. Go ski little man, go ski...

Maybe your english sucks, or maybe you're an insulting asshole, I don't know which. But trust me, this is not the first time I've wanted to say something to you for being a dick. You insult people who sell things. Want me to pull up the posts? And this has nothing to do with how you've been to me.

And if you think that that post you quoted had anything to do with bindings, go read again. It's about some petty asshole not being able to win a stupid forum argument so he has to result to low blows to get his point across, which, with anyone who has any experience for what he was arguing, makes no fucking sense and he just sounds like a dick.

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:31 am

Mike, chill out. For christ's sake, now your calling members assholes and telling them to fuck themselves because you don't agree with or like them? I honestly thought you were an OK guy before this absurd episode.

MikeK

Post by MikeK » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:39 am

connyro wrote:Mike, chill out. For christ's sake, now your calling members assholes and telling them to fuck themselves because you don't agree with or like them? I honestly thought you were an OK guy before this absurd episode.
I might take you more serious if you didn't have a rampant track record of jumping on those who were down, coming in at opportune times to dogpile on others, hiding behind a fake name and proxy, and most of all being a childish little baby and resorting to calling someone a beginner when you couldn't convince them of your way. Well, I can be that way too. And I'm not a mod now, so you can't even throw that in my face.

I thought you were a dick since my first encounter with you. You've been OK here and there, but mostly, when the table turns, you're the first to resort to the bullshit. I wanted to ban you years ago. I wanted to ban you when Ron was banned. But I kept cool and gave you a chance. You showed your true colors with Woodserson and I've been waiting for it to come out again. I hope everyone who has some decency on this forum (and there are a lot) see you for what you are. Maybe you'll get the hint and just leave. I hope. Maybe Johnny will ban you in the future, but I doubt it. You deserved it long ago and didn't get it.

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:24 am

Wow, a moderator telling other users to go FUCK THEMSELVES... Wow.
I'm very sad to see this is actually happening... Not exactly my vision of internet camaraderie...

Please excuse this sad episode.
Mike's words don't reflect Telemark Talk's spirit of friendly good-fellowship at all...

Sorry about that...