rotte telemark release plate

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
dakartoubab

rotte telemark release plate

Post by dakartoubab » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:47 pm

I was digging through my old tele parts box and ran across these, the TRP-100. Talk about flash-back. I looked at them and I have to admit it looks like a decent release design. All I remember about them is that, once you release, it was really hard to get the release plate back into the mount. But, looking at them now, I see that you could just loosen the DIN screw all the way and they should pop in pretty easily. Then you tighten the screw back up and off you go. I know, a pain in the butt when you're in the BC but, at a resort? Seems do-able.
Were there any other criticism of these? Didn't release as advertised? Too heavy? worked only for Rotte mounting patterns? (I have some Chili's that I could put on them so that's not an issue for me).
Anyway, I guess what I would like to know is, should I keep them or give them to Goodwill?