I grew into my powder boards today

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

I grew into my powder boards today

Post by lowangle al » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:13 am

I have some 185 Voile insanes that were a size too big when I got them. I had them out today and they felt perfect, I hadn't been skiing them aggresive enough. They were so much fun I don't think I need a new modern rockered ski.

STG

Re: I grew into my powder boards today

Post by STG » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:49 am

Makes for a perfect day of skiing when it all comes together! Think of the money you will be saving.

lowangle al
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:20 am

I've also been happy with my old straight atomics and my new sumos, so I not lusting after the objectives to use with leather boots anymore. I hope it's a result of increased skill as opposed to the fantastic snow we've had lately.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:11 pm

I had a pair of Insanes when they came out... GREAT ski... Mounted them with 7TM Powers... Had to do some work on the brakes to make them large enough for the skis... Had a lot of fun with them...

I deeply regret selling them... Cosmetics were really cool... But back then, I had to sell a pair in order to have the money for another one...

They were much fatter than the Objective from what I recall... At least 30-40mm wider... But the Objective is a much better ski... Way easier to turn, and much lighter...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Ahhhh...! The Insane mention made me nostalgic...
My small tele quiver circa 2008 or something...
_IMG_7478.jpg
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:02 pm

I love the carbon surf too, had one of my best powder runs ever on it.

I got that white Insanse used for free from a freind. It had letters spelling Voile USA imbedded in the base and a couple of the letters fell out. It didn't bother me but when I took them to the shop for a tuning the guy said Voile would want to know about this. I ended up with brand new skis, the newer model with the bird graphics. Voile is such a good company and they make great skis. I hope the 3 pairs of vectors I got from them put them in the black with me.