New Moderator

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
MikeK

New Moderator

Post by MikeK » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:25 pm

I keep saying I'm going to stop posting shit, but this one's kind of way more important than the others.

This is your community, it's up to you to decide where it goes. I tried to protect a certain sanctity that I thought was important but perhaps I was overly aggressive in that (perhaps due to the overwhelming number of other Tele forums).

Maybe nothing needs to be moderated. Maybe it stays where it is. Maybe you let Ron and Teleman back? And that guy Shenanagains* (Yoyo on BC Talk)? What do I care?

Johnny seems to think this is how it should be, so why not put it to the community? Who do you nominate?

Get a list of nominees and start a poll and have a vote... like a real community. If you do it, I'm sure Johnny will honor it. It's probably the way it should have been done before. If you get the job, and you don't want it... then don't do it. See what happens. Maybe the place goes to shit, maybe it works better than ever. Only one way to find out.

I like a lot of people here, and think a lot would do a fine job... but my nominee is Lowangle Al - he's experience in all aspects of Nordic skiing, he's chill, and he seems like a legit guy. But WTF do I know?

*I thought I made a mistake with him, but if you read the hateful ridicule he posts on Ron's forum you might decide I made the right choice. Up to you...
Last edited by MikeK on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: New Moderator

Post by lowangle al » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:38 pm

I appreciate that Mike, but I'm a technological idiot who took 8 years to figure out how to post a picture.

STG

Post by STG » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:47 pm

lowangle al:

How do I post a photo here? Seriously, I don't know.

Mike-you have been a very effective moderator but I guess with 3 boys in might be over-whelming. I think there should be guidelines and some code of civility on this forum. Too much rudeness and disrespect elsewhere.

lowangle al
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:28 pm

[img]
P1000643.JPG
[/img]

Here is how I do, I just had to figure it out again.

Attatchments
add files
pick a photo and open
place in line

I'm not the one to ask, there are probably other ways that are easier.

STG

Post by STG » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:00 am

lowangle al:

Thanks for you help!

Mike:

Stay on as the moderator. You have set a good tone for this forum (e. g.,welcoming new people, civil and informative cooments).

fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Post by fisheater » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:14 am

Wow Al, I wish I was skiing there! BTW, since you like all your old skis, and are saving all that money, spring for a set of adjustable poles for your wife ;). They sure are nice going downhill.

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:34 am

fisheater wrote:Wow Al, I wish I was skiing there! BTW, since you like all your old skis, and are saving all that money, spring for a set of adjustable poles for your wife ;). They sure are nice going downhill.
Those poles are adjustable Lekis. We did stick with our double fiberglass wrapped excells with the big yellow baskets for way too long. I just couldn't give up on a pole that didn't give up on me for 20 years.

I'm just happy that she can wax her own skis.

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Post by phoenix » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:01 pm

I miss those Exels too. I somehow lost one of the pair I had, and never could find a replacement.
Still have the first xc poles I ever bought, though.. a pair of Scott's, aluminums... probably late 70's.

lowangle al

Post by lowangle al » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:21 pm

The excells were the only ones I didn't break>

Not to much input as far as a moderator goes. Any input?

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Post by phoenix » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Would like to help with the moderator question, but I don't feel like I am familiar enough with the regulars here yet. I see an occassional post from folks I know back from the T-Tips days, but they are notaround much. I am developing a sense of those folks whose vibes and experience I identify with, but it appears to me there are just a handful of active and experienced members.

Dunno, maybe consider asking if any would like to volunteer, and then some sorta vote?