Rottefella chili + Atomic Access (191 cm)

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Janne9911

Rottefella chili + Atomic Access (191 cm)

Post by Janne9911 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:47 am

I’m a “returning” telemark skier with quite a lot of experience, but unfortunate its old experience. Anyway, I just bought a pair of atomic access skis and I will mount my old rottefella chilli on them. The last time I did this, 15 years ago, I followed the marks of the skis and on the binding and – done! It was probably not 100% right but I used them a lot and was pleased with the skis. I realise that today’s skis are much more advanced than my old ones (elan strongbow) bye the way, with much more opportunities when it comes to mount the bindings. To summarise, I could use some advice!

I’m 193 cm tall, 200 pounds and I like off-piste skiing. Any suggestions how to mount the bindings?

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Re: Rottefella chili + Atomic Access (191 cm)

Post by Rodbelan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:25 am

I do not think you have that much choice: Either boot center on manufacturer mark or 1 (or 2) cm aft of it... I would go for the first option. Do not ask Atomic... I did, and the answer was «we are not dealing with telemark anymore». Coming out of a «red tape» sort of tech... It is just a matter of preference really... noting absolute about that. Whatever's your choice, you'll get use to it. If not, there is noting wrong with re-drilling a plank... Hope it helps.
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:22 am

Good move to come back to telly..! 8-)

Rodbelan is right. People will never agree on what is the perfect way to mount bindings. There's so many options, and they're pretty much all good. It depends on the gear itself, but also on who you are, what you do, how you ski etc...

Here's a very nice and simple way to explain the basics of mounting tele bindings:
http://home.comcast.net/~pinnah/DirtbagPinner/binding-location.html
we are not dealing with telemark anymore
I need to add this quote to the forum's header... : )

Have fun!
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:40 am

Oldschool would be to use chord center ..It's probably close enough for comfort..
Beware mounting reward much unless you want to ski like you are
on windshield wipers.. :lol:
https://home.comcast.net/~pinnah/Dirtba ... ation.html

https://home.comcast.net/~pinnah/Dirtba ... dings.html
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"