A very short clip of the run and turns that broke the Meidjo 2.0

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Harris

XCD Pinhead

A very short clip of the run and turns that broke the Meidjo 2.0

Postby Harris » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:32 am

anemic

XCD Pinhead

Re: A very short clip of the run and turns that broke the Meidjo 2.0

Postby anemic » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:44 am

Really? That hardly seems like abusive skiing! Sure looks like fabulous fun as well.

lowangle al

XCD Guide

Postby lowangle al » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:18 pm

anemic wrote:Really? That hardly seems like abusive skiing! Sure looks like fabulous fun as well.

Yeh, no crash, no high speed, no good reason the binding should have failed. It seems like you have a defective binding.

Harris

XCD Pinhead

Postby Harris » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:21 pm

Yep, that is what I was trying to say in regards to my critique of the Meidjo; they should be able to handle skiing like this, which is hardly a to-the-limits equipment test. The run is steep, steeper than the vid reflects, but its not x-treme skiing steep; it is a double black inbound run. Simply put, the design of the binding mount layout is severely flawed. It was an expensive lesson I learned that I'd wish other's to not have to experience.

Harris

XCD Pinhead

Postby Harris » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:40 pm

We get new gear hitting the market that is all hyped up, winning all sorts of "awards" aimed at selling ad space, which seems like a racket of BS to me, but without ability to demo the products first-hand it comes down to the community to pass on the real reviews, using the product in real scenarios. There is a lot of expensive crap out there.

gitrinec

XCD Pinhead

Postby gitrinec » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:35 pm

I've seen numerous people posting of them breaking the Meidjo 2.0 or somehow pulling up the topsheet, well or the layers that are connected to the binding.

Return to “Telemark Talk Forum”