Winter storm Stella, March 16th 2017

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Bri7

Winter storm Stella, March 16th 2017

Post by Bri7 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 pm

With a gift of over 1m of snow from Miss Stella, I had no other choice than to pay a visit to my old friend Johnny.

While me and J-P decided to hit Agamar at dust, Johnny prefered to wait for the first chir at Sutton. Agamar just had to much snow to do anything good so we decided to join Johnny for the rest of the morning. We did make it on time for the first chair lineup.

Rodbelan
Ski style: Very stylish
Favorite Skis: Splitkein
Favorite boots: Alpina Blaze and my beloved Alpina Sports Jr

Re: Winter storm Stella, March 16th 2017

Post by Rodbelan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:04 am

At 8h30, same day, I was in M-Sainte-Anne, waiting in line to get my ticket... While I was paying, they decided to close because of the great winds... I wait for 1h30 before moving to Stoneham. This how I missed the first tracks in a great powder day...

Good to hear that you could enjoy!
É y fa ty fret? On é ty ben dun ti cotton waté?
célèbre et ancien chant celtique

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Bri7 wrote:Agamar just had to much snow to do anything good so we decided to join Johnny for the rest of the morning. We did make it on time for the first chair lineup.
It is possible to get too much of a good thing. Sometime when things get real deep you need either a steeper hill or bigger skis. Unfortunately this is a problem that we don't get to face often enough.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:19 pm

If JL is going to de-BlackDiamondize the poles, he must de-NorthFace-ize the jacket as well. :D