Sponsors for telemark skimo racing ?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Ant01ne

Sponsors for telemark skimo racing ?

Postby Ant01ne » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:19 am

Hi folks! Got a taste of skimo racing this winter.
I found it super fun and challenging, but I've been a bit disappointed by the absence of telemark among the ultralight Dynafit DNA carbon skimo race stuff.

I think It would be super awesome to see some light tele gear in these races.

Let's show the world that "telemark will never die"! I'd be glad to race in the name of telemark, instead of going for Dynafit sponsors ;-) ..Plus the Crazy Idea "Hugo Suit" would be a crazy good fit for the retro tele spirit!

Keywords: Meidjo , Pierre & Pierre tele carbon boot prototype , carbon planks , skimoeast

First try at Le Massif de Charlevoix, I got good last with T2, O1 and Rev90. Strava told me 20.2km with 1498M vertical in 3:33 at avs of 5.7km/h

Mont Sainte-Anne last saturday, got 25 out of 33 overall, 22.3km, 1342M vert, in **3:08 avs 7.1km/h, with Dynafit TLT6 boots and Seven Summits skis. **the official clock said 3:27. One skin clip broke so I had to fix it with a voile strap, and I took the time to change clothing prior to the final high speed descend :-D

skimo0.JPG
Le Massif
skimo0.JPG (61.16 KiB) Viewed 361 times

skimo1.JPG
MSA
skimo1.JPG (68.2 KiB) Viewed 361 times

suit1.JPG
crazy idea
suit1.JPG (56.78 KiB) Viewed 361 times

lilcliffy

Re: Sponsors for telemark skimo racing ?

Postby lilcliffy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Would LOVE to join you on these Antoine!
The pursuit of XCD balance: cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry

lowangle al

Postby lowangle al » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:44 pm

That's what I'm talkin about, uphill-downhill races specific to the Nordic crowd, including all types of Nordic gear.

Ant01ne

Postby Ant01ne » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:38 am

lilcliffy wrote:Would LOVE to join you on these Antoine!

You're all welcome to join :D !
Maybe we could set up a north east tele skimo team? Would be awesome

Return to “Telemark Talk Forum”