Garmin Fenix 5 Watch

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Robbo83

Garmin Fenix 5 Watch

Postby Robbo83 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:51 am

Hi all. Thanks for having me in the forum. I am no skier myself. But my son is ski nuts and has been skiing in Norway with the UK military for the past 5 years. In that time he has reached a decent level of proficiency. He has hung up his skis for this year but has a number of expeditions planned for next winter. Between now and then it is his birthday and I know that he is the market for a decent skiing watch. I have been searching online at http://www.for-sale.co.uk/garmin-watch and have come across the Garmin Fenix 5 multisport. Looks good to me. But then I am no expert. Which is why I joined this forum; I was hoping to get some opinions and advice from those far more qualified (i.e. you guys) than myself. Does anybody here own a Fenix 5? Do they come recommended? Or should I steer clear? Are there any other options I should be considering? Sorry to barge in and start asking questions. I just don't want to go wasting my money on something that will be no use so I felt it wise to consult those in the same sport first. Thanks in advance to anybody who can offer any advice. Cheers.

Return to “Telemark Talk Forum”