Tele vs parallel.

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
connyro

Re: Tele vs parallel.

Postby connyro » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:59 am

TeleWord wrote:In a word, WRONG!

LOL. Perfect response to let me know I'm right.

Harris

Postby Harris » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:58 pm

Can't... Help... It... Powder is not always so boss to Tele.

http://www.earnyourturns.com/wp-content ... rn_500.jpg

rongon

Postby rongon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Just coz it's sorta on-topic...

I remember going skiing off-piste on a day with about a foot of fresh, into the thickets, fairly steep. I was with an acquaintance who is a much, much better skier than I am. I was on my redoubtable Annum/Switchback/CXP setup, he was on Rebounds/pins/leathers. This fellow has never learned to tele, but is a former downhill ski instructor, etc. He skied anything I skied, better than I did, making p-turns all the way down, even in his pretty much pure 'cross country' setup. I was thinking it would be great if I could p-turn like that, with so much control, even on the totally 'wrong' setup for conditions and terrain. That taught me that skill trumps gear. After that, I took an alpine lesson at a ski area, in my tele rig, but making all p-turns.

Now I need to figure out how to make a quick jump turn without needing to plant both poles to get airborne. Always something to learn!

OK, sorry for the interruption. Carry on...

LoveJohnny

Postby LoveJohnny » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:33 am

rongon wrote:That taught me that skill trumps gear.

That is one ultimate truth.
And also the reason why we, XCDers, are such a small minority...

rongon wrote:Now I need to figure out how to make a quick jump turn without needing to plant both poles to get airborne. Always something to learn!

Ahahah.. I remember that... I remember being stuck at that stage for a long time... Just be patient... And keep you upper body facing down the fall line all the time... ;)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"Your heel (and mind) is not really free until you cut the cable..." -Me

Return to “Telemark Talk Forum”