Asnes Hickory CC Skis

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Karhuii

Asnes Hickory CC Skis

Post by Karhuii » Mon May 08, 2017 2:01 pm

I picked up a pair of what look like vintage 195 Asnes hickory cross country skis with bamboo poles for $2.50. They have a number that begins with 34... The rest is covered by the 3 pin binder.
Any insights on actual value? I'm sure they're more valuable than that, if only to hang on a lodge wall.
How would they ski?
Thanks!

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: Asnes Hickory CC Skis

Post by Woodserson » Mon May 08, 2017 5:02 pm

I bought a pair of Asnes (Holmenkollen) 210 skis, never skied, for $40. If that gives you any idea. Another pair around $100 but a rarer model. Lots of Asnes/Asnes variants in the US.

I love them, they are my lake-snow/track racers, don't be bolting them to walls. Very skiable, very fast, smooth, wax ski. Woodenskis.com has good links and tips to maintaining and waxing them. Enjoy!

kumachan

Re: Asnes Hickory CC Skis

Post by kumachan » Mon May 08, 2017 6:33 pm

Last autumn I picked up two pairs of Asnes hickory Tur Langren skis, made for EMS, one 210, the other 200, two sets of bamboo poles and two pairs of cross-country ski shoes, all in excellent condition for 30+ year old gear, for $50.00, if that helps. I really enjoyed taking these out this past winter, brought me back to the days when I learned to ski in the 70's! If you want to use those skis for decoration, please don't bolt them to a wall! There are plenty of other methods to hang them or, you'll be sure to find many folks who would be happy to take those off your hands and ski them!