Asnes Tind 76 / 85

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Asnes Tind 76 / 85

Post by Johnny » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:19 pm

Anyone ever seen them? They look very, very interesting. The closest thing to the Voile Objective. Thanks LilCliffy for letting us know in the first place last year...
Lilcliffy wrote:This is what Johnny needs- a new Asnes Tind 85 with skin-lock to test against the Voile Objective BC!!!! If this happens- I am coming for a visit LJ...
I remember dreaming about the StoreTind, which was a bit narrower. But now with the Tind 85 at 2.5kg @ 176cm, that is even more exciting. I didn't really noticed because the ski does not appear on Asnes English website... I wonder if a pair ever crossed the ocean...? I don't think they were ever available at Nepture or Norseman...

Look at that sidecut... It wants to turn...! 22m radius, really? And it seems pretty much single camber... Perfect for downhill oriented skiing... And with the SkinLocks, maybe I wouldn't need TWO pairs of Objectives with them... :lol:

Oh my, gear-acquisition syndrome strikes again... And it's only August...

/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Young Satchel

Re: Asnes Tind 76 / 85

Post by Young Satchel » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:13 pm

I'm still very much a student here, but that is a damn handsome ski [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:42 pm

A waxable ski with an integrated skin, now that's a good idea. I never understood the integrated kicker skins on a ski with fishscales. The few times I used kicker skins was on waxable skis and if I had no wax skis they would have worked too.

I would check them out if they were available.

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Yeah- they make me drool and my feet itch...(same feeling as looking at the Objectives BTW)

I do know that you can order and have them shipped from Oslo Sportslager:
https://www.oslosportslager.no/produkt/ ... 41474.aspx

And- BTW- they seem to have the weight posted accurately! ;)
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

lilcliffy
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4

Post by lilcliffy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Almost positive that I saw them on the Neptune website at one point last season- before they went down.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few Tinds in this year's stock...

From looking at the photos the camber profile looks very similar to the Objective- low smooth- flexing single camber, with a fully- rocketed tip.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics

Post by Johnny » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:45 am

If you guys would be nearer, we could start a community tele quiver... We could buy all the new skis coming out every year and share them together. All my skis would be available for everyone, and so all of yours etc... You could use my Objectives and my woodies, I could use your Tinds, your OAC XCDs and Cannatonic's Mountain Race... 8-)

In fact, we could rent a nice space where we could build a huge, shared ski tuning room with all our skis... Wouldn't that be nice? Just like Kraftwerk's secret Kling Klang studio, which no one ever seen. Where it was rumored they bought every single piece of electronic music equipment coming out in the 70's and shared them together.

lilcliffy

Post by lilcliffy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:36 pm

LoveJohnny wrote:If you guys would be nearer, we could start a community tele quiver... We could buy all the new skis coming out every year and share them together. All my skis would be available for everyone, and so all of yours etc... You could use my Objectives and my woodies, I could use your Tinds, your OAC XCDs and Cannatonic's Mountain Race... 8-)

In fact, we could rent a nice space where we could build a huge, shared ski tuning room with all our skis... Wouldn't that be nice? Just like Kraftwerk's secret Kling Klang studio, which no one ever seen. Where it was rumored they bought every single piece of electronic music equipment coming out in the 70's and shared them together.
This is a wicked idea man!

It certainly would be easier if we were closer...

I can't travel much at the moment- give me a decade and we might make something like this work- at least for part of the season!

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:01 pm

Hey, actually, I have another idea... That could become the TTTT, The Telemark Talk Tour... We each go from town to town meet other New Nordic Nerds and we each bring all our weapons with us... Free for everyone to try...

A non-profit, unbiased, non-sponsored demo tour for fun! 8-)
(Hummm... In fact, I think we could actually get help from a few of our favorite ski manufacturers / distillers...)

I sort of did that for a guy last winter... He was looking for a pair of skis but couldn't decide... He read several threads here and picked a few possibilites... I offered him to go ski with him and brought 5-6 pairs of XCD skis with me... He tried them all on snow, and decided to go buy S98s... He couldn't be happier with his demo day...!

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:44 pm

Who's making nnn boots in EEEE? I never found any that were even close to fitting. I need to get an East coast quiver going and I see a lot of good skis out there so whats the widest boot?

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:16 am

lowangle al wrote:I would check them out if they were available.
I sense a group order coming soon here... :lol:
lowangle al wrote:Who's making nnn boots in EEEE? I never found any that were even close to fitting.
Hey, we love pins too...! Even if I'm a NNN convert for downhill skiing, half my brain (and quiver) is still a pinhead... 8-)