Did Marker make good ski pants?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Fishnaked

Did Marker make good ski pants?

Post by Fishnaked » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:31 pm

Looks like Marker no longer makes ski apparel but I recently acquired a pair of their pants, with suspenders and full zip legs that look like they'd work great for ventilation on tours. They look to be of very solid construction but I can not tell if they are made from a waterproof/breathable fabric.

These pants fit good and show no signs of wear. However, I'm not sure whether to retire my old Goretex Marmot pants or gift these Markers to Good Will or a friend.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: Did Marker make good ski pants?

Post by lowangle al » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:25 pm

Keep them at least until you try them. I'm sure they're at least water repellent and that pretty much is all you need. Weather they are breathable or not you'll still be ventilating by unzipping.

Fishnaked

Post by Fishnaked » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:29 am

lowangle al wrote:Keep them at least until you try them. I'm sure they're at least water repellent and that pretty much is all you need. Weather they are breathable or not you'll still be ventilating by unzipping.
Thanks. That's the direction I was thinking too. Hope they vent well. My Goretex Marmot pants have no ventilation and my crotch/rear overheats more often than not.

skibum

Post by skibum » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:06 pm

I have a pair of Marker ski pants that have lasted for years. I tend to wear soft shell pants most of the time, but these are great full waterproof pants. They breath about like the original Goretex - so pretty decent unless your skinning up and sweating a lot.

Fishnaked

Post by Fishnaked » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:13 pm

skibum wrote:I have a pair of Marker ski pants that have lasted for years. I tend to wear soft shell pants most of the time, but these are great full waterproof pants. They breath about like the original Goretex - so pretty decent unless your skinning up and sweating a lot.
Thanks! I will be skinning up...but, I guess there's only one way to find out if they breath well enough.