New Alpina Alaska NNN BC HEATED BOOTS!

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

New Alpina Alaska NNN BC HEATED BOOTS!

Post by Johnny » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:39 am

Wow! Thanks Bri7 for the heads up...! Here is the brand new ultimate ski boot from Alpina...!
What do you think? Who will be the first to buy pair?

Ski without freezing. These touring boots have an integrated heating system to provide about 6 hours of heat on a single charge. Turn them on when you're not moving and keep your toes warm throughout your lunch stop. Insulated leather uppers hold heat and a waterproof-breathable layer keeps your feet dry as well. Medium flex promotes a natural foot roll and has enough stiffness to edge in mixed terrain.
  • - Made of leather with an Alpitex waterproof-breathable membrane.
    - Integrated InTemp rechargeable heating system keeps feet warm and comfortable.
    - Activate the heating easily with a push button in the upper cuff for 6 hours of warmth.
    - Thinsulate insulation adds warmth without excess bulk.
    - Simple lace-up closures with top lace hooks.
    - Protective toebox with a rubber rand.
    -Padded collar for comfort and warmth.
    - Anatomic footbeds.
    - Vibram rubber sole.
    - Compatible with NNN BC bindings.

579$ CAD, available for pre-order at MEC
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

bgregoire
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring with lots of turns
Favorite Skis: Fisher E99 & Boundless (98), Åsnes Ingstad, K2 Wayback 88
Favorite boots: Crispi Sydpolen, Alico Teletour & Alfa Polar

Re: New Alpina Alaska NNN BC HEATED BOOTS!

Post by bgregoire » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Cool. But that is a really high ankle. Given how cushy the alaskas are though, it might not be an issue.

I have not had frozen toe issues with my alpinas, even though i ski in the COLD. So i won't be buying these though. I'm 90% 3pin too now so....

See ya
I live for the Telemark arc....The feeeeeeel.....I ski miles to get to a place where there is guaranteed snow to do the deal....TM

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:00 pm

wow, that's for the truly hardcore, if it's that cold I'm probably staying inside! But it could make sense in some situations, like if you're a guide or have other reasons to be sitting around waiting for someone.
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

connyro
needs to take stock of his life
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:15 pm

I live and ski in a VERY cold part of the US. I use the regular Alaskas and they are almost too warm in every condition that I've used them in. Add a heater to that equation, and the result for me is sweaty-soaked feet. If it's THAT cold or the skier has that poor circulation, there probably won't be much skiing done anyways. Gimmicky? I dunno, but to each their own, a fool easily parted with his money, etc.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:12 pm

They would be the ticket for some ski in ice fishing. Other than that I need ways to keep my feet from overheating, like rolling my pant legs up and my socks down.

They do look like pretty beefy boots with what appears to be a higher cuff than T4s. Even if they are very soft I think they will still affect range of motion.

Grampatele

Post by Grampatele » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:06 am

They make them with and for pins?.....Only a couple of times have leathers gotten really cold....mostly when they are on the "holy" end of their life...Just scored some Snowfield 2 boots...Nice!..TM