New: Meidjo 2.1 bindings.

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Harris

New: Meidjo 2.1 bindings.

Post by Harris » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:30 pm

Looks like M-Equipment got the message. I see that they have come out with a Meidjo 2.1 that quietly addresses the serious binding mount strength/binding to second heel strength issues. It is not a whole redesign though, and looks like he is trying to come up with a low production cost fix. Still think they will at some point need a complete redesign, hopefully to increase the pin springs' strength to at least the level of Dynafit Radical STs. But it looks like the baseplate issue has probably been sufficiently addressed. Personally I'll wait for a 3.0 model before I risk screwing up another pair of skis gambling on the design; they still require an absurd amount of screws to mount, thereby Swiss cheesing the skis too much to ever mount anything else well on them. I hope they keep evolving it though; the basic concept of the design has some real merits, when not broken they ski very well, even if these early models are somewhat crude and flawed.