How short for Glittertind?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Cannatonic

Re: How short for Glittertind?

Post by Cannatonic » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:33 pm

interesting, sounds like the Glittertind is like a wider E89 rather than the E99. Nothing wrong with that, I would enjoy a little more pop in the kick & glide action. Will float you a little more in loose snow than the narrower ones.
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

D'hostie

Post by D'hostie » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Cannatonic wrote:interesting, sounds like the Glittertind is like a wider E89 rather than the E99. Nothing wrong with that, I would enjoy a little more pop in the kick & glide action. Will float you a little more in loose snow than the narrower ones.
It's nothing of the sort. But these skis have varied so much in camber and stiffness over the years it's tough to compare.

The the blue Glittertind was simply a semi-stiff camber underfoot with extremely soft tips and tails. Most E99s I've handled had a much more even camber and flex. Most E89s I've handled are stiff and heavily cambered.

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Well I'm glad we cleared that up!
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)