NTN newbie, should I get the Meidjo 2.1 or Outlaw X ?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Paté chinois

Re: NTN newbie, should I get the Meidjo 2.1 or Outlaw X ?

Postby Paté chinois » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:28 pm

Johnny, Tom,
Thanks a lot for all the advice !

You can order them at TelemarkDown and return them if they don't fit... They are very cool, and also the NA distributor for Crispi. Or closer, Mario in Bromont has World Cups in stock since yesterday.

I was planning to order Crispi boots from Telemarkdown once I had a chance to try them. I know you can return them if they don't fit but that would mean paying twice for the shipping (which is amount 55$ one way since I'm from Montreal, Canada). Who is Mario in Bromont ? Are you talking Bromont in Quebec ?

Can't wait to try my new set up !! I hope we have a good winter with lot's of snow !!

LoveJohnny

Postby LoveJohnny » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 am

Yep, Bromont QC... I can't think of any other Bromont anywhere else on the planet? 8-)

Mario is sort of an underground Scarpa, Crispi, Rottefella and 22D distributor... (Dynastar and Goode too...) Tell him Johnny from TelemarkTalk sent you... ;)

You can order from TelemarkDown and have the boots shipped in Richford VT and pick them up there... It's just five minutes from the QC border... Shipping is only 10$ down there... PM me for details... I'm in Sutton if you wanna try the Comps or the World Cups...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"Your heel (and mind) is not really free until you cut the cable..." -Me

Rodbelan

Postby Rodbelan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:33 am

Mario Filion de Filion sport... C'est le représentant Scarpa pour l'Est. Il semble aussi distribuer Crispi selon un des posts précédents...

XYZ1952

Postby XYZ1952 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:23 am

Je suis à Shefford, coordonnées de Mario Filion Sport à Bromont SVP??

LoveJohnny

Postby LoveJohnny » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:22 pm

XYZ1952 wrote:Je suis à Shefford, coordonnées de Mario Filion Sport à Bromont SVP??

What a nice, creative, helpful first post... 8-)

filionski@videotron.ca
Il demeure sur le Mont Soleil...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"Your heel (and mind) is not really free until you cut the cable..." -Me

teleclub

Postby teleclub » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Paté chinois wrote:...one of the main reasons I'm going to NTN is to get the advantage of a step-in binding which the Freeride isn't really...

Be aware the Outlaw and OutlawX aren’t really step in either if you value ski brakes. The brakes on the Outlaw are hard to use and balky with other problems. The people I’ve met using them to prefer to use the Outlaw with leases because they were constantly dealing with brake issues that required bending over anyway. If you can get the brakes to work or use leashes, the Outlaws have true step-in otherwise.

Just for comparison since you’re not a Rotte fan, the NTN Freedom work out to be fully step-in because I use them like TomH describes. Also the Freedom brakes work easily and flawlessly. When I saw on youTube how ppl close the Freedom toe latches with the boot toe, and then the other ski, I thought it might be a tricky skill to learn but it worked easily first time I tried it and my wife learned it just as quickly.

Highly recommending NTN. The Freedoms have been great.

Return to “Telemark Talk Forum”