NNN-BC on-piste?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
lilcliffy

XCD KNIGHT

NNN-BC on-piste?

Postby lilcliffy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:00 pm

Does anybody use NNN-BC on-piste?

If so- what do you use for a leash?
The pursuit of XCD balance: cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry

satsuma

XCD Pinhead

Re: NNN-BC on-piste?

Postby satsuma » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:38 pm

see previous topic "NNN-BC Leash Plates"

not yet-but I attached some leashes to some old BD PolarStar skis mounted with NNN-BC bindings, using marine fittings I suggested in the topic above. I want to try these on the bunny hill at least--about my skill level at turning on XC skis., probably on a day when I am also alpine skiing.

Johnny

XCD KNIGHT

Postby Johnny » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:44 am

Yep, I do all the time...

My S98s and my Tua Hydrogens are my dedicated NNN on-piste skis... (The more I play with the Ingstad, the more I think it would also make a super-nice on-piste DH NNN ski... Quiver ski... Quiver ski...)

I always make my own leashes with removable key rings... So I can remove them for BC use... You can make your own complete removable leashes for like 6$ at your local hardware store... (Instead of 30$ in a specialized AT store...)

/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

lilcliffy

XCD KNIGHT

Postby lilcliffy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:16 am

LoveJohnny wrote:(The more I play with the Ingstad, the more I think it would also make a super-nice on-piste DH NNN ski... Quiver ski... Quiver ski...)

This is actually one place my mind is going...Instead of buying a BC steep and deep ski (e.g. Objective/Tind/Vector) I am thinking of buying the new Ingstad...If the new Ingstad has the edge old of the previous- plus those open tips...My T4s may continue to collect dust in the closet...

Although I can easily imagine difficult-technical conditions where I might want more boot than my Alaskas on a ski even as wide as the Objective/Tind- the Alaskas on top of the 62mm Ingstad is a different story.

If I put NNNBC on an Objective, I am assuming they will be solely for soft fresh snow. But, NNNBC on the Ingstad...

You see- my family wants to me ski with them at the local lift serve- and I get easily bored on stiff, rigid downhill tech...
Last edited by lilcliffy on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The pursuit of XCD balance: cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry

Johnny

XCD KNIGHT

Postby Johnny » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:41 am

lilcliffy wrote:Instead of buying a BC steep and deep ski I am thinking of buying the new Ingstad...

In reality, what you are actually thinking is buying every single ski out there my dear... :lol:

When I bought the Skogs, my intention was to use them both for BC XC and on-piste DH... Even if it's a girls, single camber ski, the camber is still very present... (Read: you still need to squash it to turn on piste...) So the new Ingstad with the tips rising when pressured might be just perfect for hard pack turning too...

I hear you about family skiing... Another place where you can lead your mind is there: The Objective BCs are really fun snowshoes. I find myself using them all the time for just walking in the woods in the backyard... They could make a cool PHAT pair of snowshoes for the whole family too... I know, too many cool options...!
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

Return to “Telemark Talk Forum”