Dynamic MountainLight: anybody remember these? How do they ski?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
teleclub

Dynamic MountainLight: anybody remember these? How do they ski?

Post by teleclub » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:55 pm

I remember seeing them in the reviews in years past. I think they were a later version of the Dynamic TourCap?, a popular AT ski. One the side it says "Powercap" and "Ultralight wood core". I thought they were a 90-70-80 classic AT shape but these measure 89-69-79--close enough I guess. These were a thrift store find where you rarely see a high quality ski in perfect shape, so I kept them around even though I didn't have any use myself for a ski as short as 160.

Anyone know how they ski? Stiff enough or a noodle? Round flex or AT-style stiff rear? (I would ski them free heel.)

So much talk about short skis like Koms and Hoks lately, although they are a different animal than this AT ski. But then Mark's TeleMo binding post made me think about trying some Tele SkiMo, and I remembered I have this nice 160 that might be stiff enough for SkiMo.
Dynamic MountainLight 160 89-69-79.JPG

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: Dynamic MountainLight: anybody remember these? How do they ski?

Post by lowangle al » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:50 pm

I ski Atomic tour cap lights, an AT ski from the early 90's with similar dimensions with leather boots and they are one of my all time favorite skis. I would think that a light ski of that size with a wood core will be pretty good.