interesting old 3-pin Telemark instructional video

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
D'hostie

Re: interesting old 3-pin Telemark instructional video

Post by D'hostie » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:19 pm

connyro wrote:
D'hostie wrote:I have nothing to hide.
LOL MikeK!
D'hostie wrote:Who's MikeK? Do you really even know who that guy is? I bet not. I don't remember ever meeting you.
I'm done with your attention seeking behavior. Buh-bye.
It's hilarious that you think I'm hiding. You might want to find out who created this account and why I'm not using the MikeK account before you laugh.

It'd be nice if you treat Gramps with a little respect though. He's done nothing to provoke you.

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Post by lowangle al » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:36 am

D'hostie wrote:
connyro wrote: My impressions: These skis are very light! I got these in the mail and immediately charged out to my favorite low angle slope in the woods with the intention of getting some turns. That's right: I went right for what this setup is not really made for: turns in deep snow. Between the double camber, stiffness of the ski, the low cut of those boots, and my lack of skill on light/NNN-BC gear, I flopped, floundered, and got frustrated: it was humbling.
I'm not quite sure how someone might have the above experience if the technique is not really any different

Sometimes, especially on light gear it takes me a few laps to figure out what changes I need to make in technique to make nice turns. I can go from a floundering, humbling experience to making nice turns in a matter of 100 feet or so. of vert by making adjustments.

Like I've said before, technique is basically the same with heavy or light gear, but you need a bigger bag of tricks on the light gear.

D'hostie

Post by D'hostie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:08 pm

lowangle al wrote: Sometimes, especially on light gear it takes me a few laps to figure out what changes I need to make in technique to make nice turns. I can go from a floundering, humbling experience to making nice turns in a matter of 100 feet or so. of vert by making adjustments.

Like I've said before, technique is basically the same with heavy or light gear, but you need a bigger bag of tricks on the light gear.
Well mostly I'd agree, but seen as how you said you need to make changes in technique, it can't be exactly the same.

I can play most anything with strings on it, but a 6 string guitar is my main instrument. The technique for playing a mandolin is largely the same if it just comes down to picking and pushing down the strings, but there is a lot beyond that, that makes the difference between a good mandolin player and some who can push the strings.

Really I care little for debates on technique - I rather dislike connyro singling out gramps and starting up the same old shit storm.

connyro
needs to take stock of his life

Post by connyro » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Sorry, but I guess I have a little more to say in this thread.
D'hostie wrote:I can play most anything with strings on it, but a 6 string guitar is my main instrument. The technique for playing a mandolin is largely the same if it just comes down to picking and pushing down the strings, but there is a lot beyond that, that makes the difference between a good mandolin player and some who can push the strings.
That is a weak argument MikeK. A good skier is a good skier. They can adjust to different setups without too much trouble. Sometimes it is humbling and clumsy, and to me, that is what keeps it interesting.
D'hostie wrote:Really I care little for debates on technique
Then don't debate it.
D'hostie wrote:- I rather dislike connyro singling out gramps and starting up the same old shit storm.
There was no sign of a "shit storm" until you showed up. I think we are allowed to disagree and call out each others' BS, right? That's what you're doing, right? After all, this is a forum, right?
D'hostie wrote:I have nothing to hide, unlike yourself.
What exactly is it that you think I'm trying to hide? That I am 'crowbar' on another forum? Not exactly a secret, and if it was, so what? What's the big deal here MikeK? I don't get it. How does it differ from you using your new user name? Your new name even mocks someone else, just like the name connyro does! I don't get your holier than thou schtick. With all due respect, maybe you can back off a little and mind your business?

D'hostie

Post by D'hostie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:45 pm

connyro wrote:
There was no sign of a "shit storm" until you showed up. I think we are allowed to disagree and call out each others' BS, right? That's what you're doing, right? After all, this is a forum, right?
Don't play coy. You've been singling out gramps on this forum and others for over a decade. Cut the shit. I can't ban you, but I can expose you for the asshole that you are.

If you want to get me banned by playing your little games, have at it. It wouldn't be your first time now would it?
connyro wrote:
What exactly is it that you think I'm trying to hide? That I am 'crowbar' on another forum? Not exactly a secret, and if it was, so what? What's the big deal here MikeK? I don't get it. How does it differ from you using your new user name? Your new name even mocks someone else, just like the name connyro does! I don't get your holier than thou schtick. With all due respect, maybe you can back off a little and mind your business?
Again, don't play me for the fool. You hide everything. No one knows anything about you but your self proclaimed whatever. You hide yourself every time you enter the forum and you've always posted from a proxy. Not everyone would know this, but I do. And I don't know what you are hiding from?

I don't care about your anonymity, but to try to pin it back on, well, you ought to look in the mirror. And I'll tell you what with your accusations, you don't know half of what you think you do.

If you want to hide behind an avatar and follow around an old man and dispute everything he says, why not keep it at the other forum, Crowbar. Thanks!

connyro

Post by connyro » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:01 pm

OK Mike. I hope this isn't the impetus for MikeK's personal Melt-Down 2.0, but IMO, this forum is just fine without your presence. The only strife here is due to your recent interactions.

I can argue with whomever I want on a forum, provided the owner/mod allow it. It's not up to you to set the tenor. If I want to disagree with an opinionated and condescending member, than you are going to have to deal with it.

You are way off base with me MikeK. It borders on delusional. Did you ever stop and think of why I might post from a proxy? That maybe it has to do with security and privacy considerations for the network I use? My theory? You can't get over me calling you out as a baby on another forum SEVERAL YEARS AGO. Please, give it up. You are distracting.

D'hostie

Post by D'hostie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:18 pm

connyro wrote:OK Mike. I hope this isn't the impetus for MikeK's personal Melt-Down 2.0, but IMO, this forum is just fine without your presence. The only strife here is due to your recent interactions.

I can argue with whomever I want on a forum, provided the owner/mod allow it. It's not up to you to set the tenor. If I want to disagree with an opinionated and condescending member, than you are going to have to deal with it.

You are way off base with me MikeK. It borders on delusional. Did you ever stop and think of why I might post from a proxy? That maybe it has to do with security and privacy considerations for the network I use? My theory? You can't get over me calling you out as a baby on another forum SEVERAL YEARS AGO. Please, give it up. You are distracting.
Another fine snippet of your upstanding personality. Want to call me out as a beginner again so you can make yourself feel like a big man?

Yes, you clearly have a personal issue with greatgt aka Teleman aka grampatele aka Bruce. I'm going to remind you of that using my personal conflicts with you. Seems to be a similar pattern.

You joined this forum solely for the purpose of eradicating Raventele aka Ron Cole. You caused constant strife with Teleman previously that helped lead to his previous banishment, and you couldn't get over a little debate so you went ad Hominem on the previous moderater (me) in which case I retaliated by telling you to "go fuck yourself." Recall? I still have those same sentiments and I won't lose them. So either you leave gramps alone and keep to your UP thread or whatever, or we'll continue until one or both of us is gone. Sound fair?

connyro

Post by connyro » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:25 pm

You are ridiculous MikeK. I called you a beginner again? HUH? I'm not interested in getting you banned. I called you a baby a long time ago. Again, get over it. I argue with TM because I don't agree with him or his views. I am usually in agreement with your views, except for the times you are being a baby. You are making a fool out of yourself MikeK. Please stop this.

D'hostie

Post by D'hostie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Whatever you say. I'm perfectly happy leaving you to your devices if you leave gramps out of it.

Everyone in the whole world knows you don't agree with him, no need to rub it in his face everytime. It's just your personal grudge.

Listen, I've made peace with him and Ron. I don't expect you to. But I do expect you not provoke them. That means calling him out on his BiaS. Sorry, that is not debating an idea. That is debating the person. And given your history, it's best to either make nice, or ignore. I will continue to debate you ad Hominem whenever you do so to him. Got it?

Thanks. That's all.

D'hostie

Post by D'hostie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:07 pm

connyro wrote:
D'hostie wrote:But I do expect you not provoke them. That means calling him out on his BiaS. Sorry, that is not debating an idea. That is debating the person. And given your history, it's best to either make nice, or ignore. I will continue to debate you ad Hominem whenever you do so to him. Got it?

Thanks. That's all.
connyro wrote:I can argue with whomever I want on a forum, provided the owner/mod allow it. It's not up to you to set the tenor. If I want to disagree with an opinionated and condescending member, than you are going to have to deal with it.
I should have done this in a PM instead of a public post (my bad, sorry) the first time at BCTalk: For fuck's sake MikeK, grow up. Personally, I don't care if you have some problem with me but I don't want to be involved in your embarrassing and ridiculously immature behavior in public. Or in private for that matter. And BTW: based on your (many) ski (and MTB for that matter) observations, I DO think of you as somewhat of a beginner. A non-beginner would know that a good skier is a good skier and can adapt to different gear and conditions. I won't be calling you out as a beginner in the forum of course because I now know that you are personally insulted by it. Sorry, I really don't mean to do that. I don't see being a beginner as a bad thing.

And about your boot-licking old ronny and gramps is kind of ...strange; it makes me think of House Republicans bowing to Trump's insanity. I may think of you as a beginner skier but I always thought you had a good head on your shoulders. Huh.
You might want to quit while you are ahead.

Shall I pull up the posts that show you intended purposely to discredit me and hurt me personally? Please don't lie, your lies are starting to get tangled.

If you can't say something to me publically, don't say it at all, or it will become public. You know who tried this game before?

Also, there is no bootlicking. Only grownups trying to put this childish shit behind us. You might try that and stop calling others "babies". I'm sure gramps can handle himself, but he's chosen to ignore you. I'll ask you return him the favor. Thanks again!