The Åsnes Thread (News for 2020-2021!)

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
fisheater
Ski style: All my own, and age doesn't help
Favorite Skis: Gamme 54, Falketind 62, I hope to add a third soon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska, Alico Ski March

Re: The Åsnes Thread (News for 2018-2019!)

Post by fisheater » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Johnny, thank you for the link. I have been searching unsuccessfully for a couple of years. It was something I had wanted to share with the guys here.
Peace

fisheater

Post by fisheater » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Woodserson wrote:
fisheater wrote:
Johnny,
Brother, thank you for posting. The opening ceremony of the Lillehammer Olympic is why I Telemark. Maybe why I ski. I was very interested in Telemark before I turned on the TV that night. Watching what I still consider that greatest televised celebration of winter, my path was set to ski with my heels free. My life turned down a new path, a good path, that has brought joy, exhilaration, but also peace.
I don't know if I would even ski at this time of my life had I not taken the Nordic path
I am also not sure if your post was where YouTube directed me. It matters not, where the ripples in the fabric of life we make crash upon the shore we control not. However when we act in love and peace, seeds we have no knowledge of sowing bloom beauties we may never see, however do not doubt they leave our world a better place.
This is one of the best posts I have ever read on this forum. I read it last night and had to sleep on it.

I extend my hand to you, Fish, 600 miles away but right next to you on the gliding sliding snow of our winter dreams.
Woods, thank you. I can't tell you how much I enjoy yours posts. It brings me back to my thirties, and always puts a smile on my face.

fisheater

Post by fisheater » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:09 pm

fisheater wrote:
Woodserson wrote:
fisheater wrote:
Johnny,
Brother, thank you for posting. The opening ceremony of the Lillehammer Olympic is why I Telemark. Maybe why I ski. I was very interested in Telemark before I turned on the TV that night. Watching what I still consider that greatest televised celebration of winter, my path was set to ski with my heels free. My life turned down a new path, a good path, that has brought joy, exhilaration, but also peace.
I don't know if I would even ski at this time of my life had I not taken the Nordic path
I am also not sure if your post was where YouTube directed me. It matters not, where the ripples in the fabric of life we make crash upon the shore we control not. However when we act in love and peace, seeds we have no knowledge of sowing bloom beauties we may never see, however do not doubt they leave our world a better place.
This is one of the best posts I have ever read on this forum. I read it last night and had to sleep on it.

I extend my hand to you, Fish, 600 miles away but right next to you on the gliding sliding snow of our winter dreams.
Woods, thank you. I can't tell you how much I enjoy your posts. It brings me back to my thirties, and always puts a smile on my face.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:02 am

We are all intrinsically interconnected, whether we like/believe it or not... 8-)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:32 pm

The Ingstad BC is a dream.
The Gamme 54 BC is a machine.

I had to stop before I collapsed on the Gamme this evening. You get those things going and they just don't want to stop!!
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:40 pm

The Grey Man leads the way on the First Day of Winter! It is raining, it is windy, it is foggy, it is raining with more rain and then some, the ski area didn't even open today (!!!!!) but The Grey Man, he, he leads the way on the First Day of Winter.
2018-12-21 14.32.48.jpg

lilcliffy
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4

Post by lilcliffy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:35 pm

I am skiing in the rain today as well- and on the same ski!

lilcliffy

Post by lilcliffy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:44 pm

Hey Woods-
What were you using for traction today with the Ingstad? Those your waxless or your waxable?

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Post by Woodserson » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:24 pm

lilcliffy wrote:Hey Woods-
What were you using for traction today with the Ingstad? Those your waxless or your waxable?
Wax... With the 45mm mohair. I was climbing the ski hill and XCDing down. If it was any flat land touring I probably would have been on the WL.

fisheater

Post by fisheater » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:31 pm

Woods, were you removing the X-skin at the top, or did you ski down with it? The 45 mm mohair is the only X-skin I have, with soon to be 3 pair of X-skin compatible skis. I probably could use another X-skin, but I am going to spend some time skiing first. Cool photo, nice skis, you and Gareth are killing me with the Ingstad reports. However what both of you guys have, that I don't is is big snowpacks that last into spring. You both really need Nansen for spring touring. I really wish I did.
That still doesn't make me want an Ingstad less. Merry Christmas, Santa knows I'm asking for snow! I have been between 30- and 35 since Nov 1 (-2 to 2C). I get a couple inches and it melts, and so on. I just got the last of my exterior concrete poured this week. Time to freeze! Please!