Page 18 of 18

Re: The Åsnes Thread (News for 2018-2019!)

Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:31 pm
by Woodserson
bgregoire wrote:
Woodserson wrote:I am surprised at what happened to The Green Man... :shock:


IDK Woods, All I can see is a wood core fulllength metal edge BC ski that weighs only 825grams at 200cm. Man oh man, I have to chat with Børge Ousland.


I was so nervous that my favorites were going to disappear I didn't even see that! Holy wow! Asnes is just smashing it out of the park. Tindan 86 and possibly Rabb 68 big time on my radar... Tindan 86 in a 187cm for everyday crushing and Rabb 68 for serious BUMPS.

Re: The Åsnes Thread (News for 2018-2019!)

Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:00 pm
by Nick BC
It’s great to get next year’s catalogue and see what’s coming. However, I was intrigued to read their binding recommendations as you go up in waist width. Up to the Rabb 68 it’s 75mm/bc Magnum/tech, from there on it’s only tech. Perhaps by “tech” they also include TTS and Meidjo/Lynx. Tho’ folks are skiing skis in excess of 68 mm underfoot with 75mm cable bindings with no problems.

Re: The Åsnes Thread (News for 2018-2019!)

Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:07 pm
by Nick BC
I should also have mentioned that certain tele “gods” are skiing NNN BC on ridiculously wide skis. :D

Re: The Åsnes Thread (News for 2018-2019!)

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:42 am
by bgregoire
Nick BC wrote:It’s great to get next year’s catalogue and see what’s coming. However, I was intrigued to read their binding recommendations as you go up in waist width. Up to the Rabb 68 it’s 75mm/bc Magnum/tech, from there on it’s only tech. Perhaps by “tech” they also include TTS and Meidjo/Lynx. Tho’ folks are skiing skis in excess of 68 mm underfoot with 75mm cable bindings with no problems.


I think that is because those wider skis were primarily designed for AT skiing, as that is what is now most popular in Norway. You could read Crister's answer about the state of norwegian mountain skiing i few posts back. quite enlightening.

Nick BC wrote:I should also have mentioned that certain tele “gods” are skiing NNN BC on ridiculously wide skis. :D


Should they really be adapting their bindings recommendations for 2-3 excentics? :)

Re: The Åsnes Thread (News for 2018-2019!)

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:33 am
by Åsnes1922
bgregoire wrote:
Nick BC wrote:It’s great to get next year’s catalogue and see what’s coming. However, I was intrigued to read their binding recommendations as you go up in waist width. Up to the Rabb 68 it’s 75mm/bc Magnum/tech, from there on it’s only tech. Perhaps by “tech” they also include TTS and Meidjo/Lynx. Tho’ folks are skiing skis in excess of 68 mm underfoot with 75mm cable bindings with no problems.


I think that is because those wider skis were primarily designed for AT skiing, as that is what is now most popular in Norway. You could read Crister's answer about the state of norwegian mountain skiing i few posts back. quite enlightening.

Nick BC wrote:I should also have mentioned that certain tele “gods” are skiing NNN BC on ridiculously wide skis. :D


Should they really be adapting their bindings recommendations for 2-3 excentics? :)



Hi!

You are right.

We have adapted our binding recommendations to the combinations sold on each model in most cases. It does not mean that you can not mount a Voilé Switchback, Medjo, Lynx or any other tele-binding on the skis recommended with Tech. As already written, you can read a bit about the development in Norway in my former post, and based on that I believe you can understand where we're coming from.

All skis with "tech" recommendation can easily be mounted with whatever binding you would like. On the narrower models, we recommend sticking to BC, BC Magnum, Super (75mm) or Voilé 3-pin.

I do a decent amount of skiing with BC Magnum bindings on the Rabb 68 ski for example. And my Falketind 62's are mounted with Voilé Traverse bindings and is my "go-to-ski" for most days.

As for some of the other comments, Gamme 54 is the same ski - just without the Titanal in the tip. This has been replaced with other reinforcement materials to give a more forgiving tip that will lift even better in softer and deeper snow. Other than that, it is all the same. We feel that it handles way better now, and as a bonus, it is lighter than before. Aleksander just skied it for a week at Hardangervidda. filming for the Norwegian TV-show called "all for Norway", and is really happy about it.


With mountainous regards,
Crister @ Åsnes

Re: The Åsnes Thread (News for 2018-2019!)

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:04 pm
by Nitram Tocrut
Åsnes1922 wrote:
I do a decent amount of skiing with BC Magnum bindings on the Rabb 68 ski for example. And my Falketind 62's are mounted with Voilé Traverse bindings and is my "go-to-ski" for most days.

With mountainous regards,
Crister @ Åsnes


Hi Crister,

I wonder what is new with the FT 62 aside the different graphic?

There was a discussion viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2453 about the differences between the FT62 and the Raab 68 and since you use both it would be great to read a comparaison from an Asnes God ;)

Thank you!

Re: The Åsnes Thread (News for 2018-2019!)

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:10 am
by Åsnes1922
Nitram Tocrut wrote:
Åsnes1922 wrote:
I do a decent amount of skiing with BC Magnum bindings on the Rabb 68 ski for example. And my Falketind 62's are mounted with Voilé Traverse bindings and is my "go-to-ski" for most days.

With mountainous regards,
Crister @ Åsnes


Hi Crister,

I wonder what is new with the FT 62 aside the different graphic?

There was a discussion https://telemarktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2453 about the differences between the FT62 and the Raab 68 and since you use both it would be great to read a comparaison from an Asnes God ;)

Thank you!



Hi.

I just wrote a really long answer to this, but for some reason, it did not post. I will try to rewrite it later. Sorry.

In the meantime, here are a few tips, as the season is a bit on hold:

https://www.en.asnes.com/how-to-store-your-ski-gear-for-the-summer/

With best regards, Crister @ Åsnes

Re: The Åsnes Thread (News for 2018-2019!)

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:35 pm
by lowangle al
That's some good information there Christer thanks for sharing it with us.