The Åsnes Thread (News for 2019-2020!)

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Nitram Tocrut
XCD Pinhead
XCD Pinhead
Ski style: "Doorstep" backcountry skiing and groomed trails
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Europa 99 and Salomon Equipe 8
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska 75 mm

Re: The Åsnes Thread (News for 2019-2020!)

Post by Nitram Tocrut » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:38 am

[/quote]

The feedback we get from the shops in the U.S and Canada these days is really good. They are selling our skis like hot bread, so I believe that the so-called "fever" actually is real! The shops are happy and took our advice to send us bigger orders this season, that is good. We have just visited Neptune Mountaineering and will be touring to visit REI and potential customers this week, så hopefully the staff in the shops will be more skilled, more informed and able to sell more skis in the time to come. We hope to have a few more shops next season.

That is good news for you there. And the more skis you bug the shops about, the more likely it is that we get more shops and more skis shipped out to the U.S and Canada!

You guys rock!
[/quote]

Hi Crister,

Are you planning in going to Canada as well this year?

lilcliffy
XCD KNIGHT
XCD KNIGHT
Ski style: Nordic backcountry touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad BC; Asnes Gamme 54 BC; Asnes Storetind Carbon
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:41 pm

Additional first impressions of the updated Gamme 54 BC-

It has the same full-length, stiff stable flex as the previous model- but the flex overall feels somehow more responsive- or less rigid(?)- than the previous model...

The resistance in the flex feels the same overall- including underfoot- but it just seems to feel more snappy or springy than the previous model...

I am very keen to try them back to back in deep snow...
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

Åsnes1922
XCD Enthusiast
XCD Enthusiast
Ski style: Former downhill & biathlon skier, avid telemarker.
Favorite Skis: Åsnes Ingstad, Åsnes Falketind 62, Åsnes Breidablikk, Åsnes Voss Z'N and Åsnes Fjøro 92
Favorite boots: Asolo Extreme Plus, Alpina Alaska BC and 75mm, Alfa Polar and Dynafit Vulcan.
Occupation: Former Royal Norwegian Special Forces operator and instructor.
Professional ski- and mountain guide, Åsnes employee - marketing and development potato, and outdoors guy.

Post by Åsnes1922 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:05 am

lilcliffy wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:11 am
Hello Crister,
Is the posted weight of the previous Gamme 54 BC 2080g/200cm per ski or per pair? In other words, is the new model- at 1010g per ski- less than half the weight?
Thanks,
Gareth
Sorry for the late response, it has been crazy busy here lately. Touring all-around to test skis and to do clinics.

The previous weight was stated in per pair, we now operate with weight per ski in a defined length. That is more precise and easier for everyone. The new Gamme is about 40-50grams lighter in a compared length (200cm).
With mountainous regards from,

Crister Aa. Næss
Marketing | Åsnes | Pomoca | Colltex

ASNES.COM I FACEBOOK LIKE! INSTAGRAM @asnes1922

Active Brands AS
Regimentsvegen 158 | 5705 Voss | Norway

Åsnes1922
XCD Enthusiast
XCD Enthusiast
Favorite Skis: Åsnes Ingstad, Åsnes Falketind 62, Åsnes Breidablikk, Åsnes Voss Z'N and Åsnes Fjøro 92
Favorite boots: Asolo Extreme Plus, Alpina Alaska BC and 75mm, Alfa Polar and Dynafit Vulcan.
Professional ski- and mountain guide, Åsnes employee - marketing and development potato, and outdoors guy.

Post by Åsnes1922 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:10 am

Nitram Tocrut wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:38 am
The feedback we get from the shops in the U.S and Canada these days is really good. They are selling our skis like hot bread, so I believe that the so-called "fever" actually is real! The shops are happy and took our advice to send us bigger orders this season, that is good. We have just visited Neptune Mountaineering and will be touring to visit REI and potential customers this week, så hopefully the staff in the shops will be more skilled, more informed and able to sell more skis in the time to come. We hope to have a few more shops next season.

That is good news for you there. And the more skis you bug the shops about, the more likely it is that we get more shops and more skis shipped out to the U.S and Canada!

You guys rock!
[/quote]

Hi Crister,

Are you planning in going to Canada as well this year?
[/quote]

Hi.

I'm not coming over this time around, but I hope to get over there sometime soon.
I have a bunch of friends in BC after living in Terrace and Nothern BC for a couple of years, so I will definitely try to get over there soon. Frank just came back after a tour of some of our shops. Both REI and Neptune Mountaineering got visits, so they should be fairly updated on everything going on.

Crister Aa. Næss

Active Brands AS

Åsnes1922
XCD Enthusiast
XCD Enthusiast

Post by Åsnes1922 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:13 am

Hi!

A Norwegian language treat for you:

I'm aiming for an Oscar for my performance here guys! See you on the red carpet.

Crister Aa. Næss

Active Brands AS