Scott Excursions at the resort

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Digger

Re: Scott Excursions at the resort

Post by Digger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:38 pm

The Havoc is a notoriously stiff ski. TBD softened is a bit in 2011 but at 88 it is a little wide for the Excursion and as stiff as it was it will make things tougher. I'm sure there are plenty of skinnier used skis out there. One of my favorites is the Rossignol Hellgate. 67 at the waist and a sweet flex. I skied them on first version BD T2s which is basically the same as an Excursion.

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Craig's List coughed up a nice pair of Piste Stinx / G3s / BD skins last night.

Just got finished breaking them in and I'm pretty happy. Feeling of being under booted is gone!

hrishi

Post by hrishi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:40 pm

I have the same tele setup- Piste Stinx, Targa, and Excursions. I attended a tele clinic recently and I was apprehensive if this relatively old-school setup will hold at by rank beginner abilities, or if folks would judge me by this setup, but nobody noticed (or showed notice), and I was surprised how easy it was to ski on this setup. For the next season I am thinking of mounting 3-pin cables on these to get more backcountry use.

phoenix
Ski style: My own
Favorite Skis: Varies,I've had many favorites
Favorite boots: Excursions, T1's

Post by phoenix » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:38 pm

Well you've got a nicely matched set up now! Those Piste Stinx are very user friendly. I Skied a pair for years, and found 'em to be versatile and reliable. Big sweet spot for turning, too.