Voile 3 Pin Cable Climbing Wire Compatibility

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
EvanTrem

XCD Enthusiast

Voile 3 Pin Cable Climbing Wire Compatibility

Postby EvanTrem » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:13 pm

So I just mounted up some Voile 3 Pin Cable bindings to my new Madshus Annums. I was rooting around in my box of ski junk and I found that I had two sets of heel climbing wires. One set from Black Diamond O3's and one set from G3 Targas. I tried to put both of them onto the heel plate of the 3 Pin Cables, but it seems like the wire diameter is too big. Even after some cutting and dremeling to the underside of the Voile heel plate, I couldn't get either set to work. Does anyone know if the Voile climbing wires work 100% out of the box with the standard 3 Pin Cable binding heel plate? I might order some up from Voile but I want to be sure they work well before I do.

Thanks!

Woodserson

XCD Guide

Re: Voile 3 Pin Cable Climbing Wire Compatibility

Postby Woodserson » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:40 am

EvanTrem wrote:So I just mounted up some Voile 3 Pin Cable bindings to my new Madshus Annums. I was rooting around in my box of ski junk and I found that I had two sets of heel climbing wires. One set from Black Diamond O3's and one set from G3 Targas. I tried to put both of them onto the heel plate of the 3 Pin Cables, but it seems like the wire diameter is too big. Even after some cutting and dremeling to the underside of the Voile heel plate, I couldn't get either set to work. Does anyone know if the Voile climbing wires work 100% out of the box with the standard 3 Pin Cable binding heel plate? I might order some up from Voile but I want to be sure they work well before I do.

Thanks!

I've never had an issue with them not fitting but they are tricky to install and can make you feel like they're not fitting.

The trick I have found is to install them into the heel piece in their vertical-you-are-climbing-a-steep position, install the heel piece with the wire sticking straight up, THEN push them flat to the ski. Works every time.

Try with your off-brand wires first, for fun.

Return to “Telemark Talk Forum”