Do I need a rebar?

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: Do I need a rebar?

Post by Johnny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:23 am

Yep... Not very surprising... My right leg, my strongest one... The side of the uphill edge, the one that gets the most pressure and abuse... 8-)

I held the bar firmly with pliers... It's still super tight... So it's got to be the bar itself... I might try to distort it a bit with a hammer or something... Giving it a slight V-shape to make sure it fits tight on each side of the binding...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

lilcliffy
Ski style: backcountry Nordic ski touring
Favorite Skis: Asnes Ingstad, Combat Nato, Amundsen, Rabb 68; Altai Kom
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska BC; Lundhags Expedition; Alfa Skaget XP; Scarpa T4
Instructor at Maritime College of Forest Technology
Husband, father, farmer and logger

Post by lilcliffy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:31 am

HA! Working from home today- just leaned over and checked my Alaskas- more wear on exactly the same side! 8-)
Cross-country AND down-hill skiing in the backcountry.
Unashamed to be a "cross-country type" and love skiing down-hill.

Bri7

Post by Bri7 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:38 pm

Johnny, is the loose coming from the bar itself? Or is it coming from the sidewalls of the boots? Do you have a caliper? If so, could you mesure the bar diameter on both sides? If not, I’ll bring you one next time it forecasting snow in your area and we will measure your boots in the sauna :) If its a sidewall issue we could probably fix it with some carbon layers :) T’imagine une paire de bottes alaska avec du carbone malade!

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:21 am

As I said, there is absolutely no loose on the bar or the assembly... So its got to be the wear or a slight bend on the bar itself... And as Waitin' mentioned, it doesn't seem to be just a bar, but a complex metal part that goes around the whole front block for more durability... Gee Bri, I can't believe you never dismantled a NNN boot before... There is so much you could do going for early retirement now... I need to find you an old pair for experiments... Any donor? ;)

The sauna is always available at anytime for TT members... 8-)
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."