Clinton River Jah Brethren

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
t-$

Clinton River Jah Brethren

Post by t-$ » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:24 am

hahah,

hey guys. so i was lurking on one of the other forums and heard mention of this bunch of michiganders that used to post occasionally on the old ttips site. i guess they called themselves the clinton river jah brethren. sounds like a great fun bunch of folks. i was just wondering if any of you old timers remembers them or their antics, or maybe some of you are still lurking around?

what happened to those guys? does anyone know if they are still raging together? thanks! happy trails...

lowangle al
Ski style: BC with focus on downhill perfection
Favorite Skis: powder skis
Favorite boots: Scarpa T4
Occupation: Retired cement mason. Current job is to take my recreation as serious as I did my past employment.

Re: Clinton River Jah Brethren

Post by lowangle al » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pm

I remember those guys, they seemed to have a lot of fun and they really enjoyed their alcohol. I don't remember seeing any of them posting on other sites since the origional TTips. It is possible they are posting on Facebook now like most of the old posters on the old Ttips Alaska Thread now do.

t-$

Post by t-$ » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:25 pm

alcohol seems to have its way, i suppose. mmmmmm, beer....

i was just reminiscing tonight about the friends of my exes dad. he was in the ARC stationed in europe before he came back and helped start one of the ski areas up around fairbanks. anyway, on pow days his ancient, crusty, telemark friends would show up before daylight having a safety meeting on the front deck and pounding beers, all the while yelling that it was time to get up and go ski (that's the gist, anyway). i knew then that these old tele coots were probably a different type of folk...

and of course, a lot of fun

Cannatonic

Post by Cannatonic » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:22 am

The last sighting of these guys was over at Telemarkeast about 1 year ago - they have not posted this winter - yet:

http://www.telemarkeast.com/forums/view ... it=clinton
"All wisdom is to be gained through suffering"
-Will Lange (quoting Inuit chieftan)

t-$

Post by t-$ » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:04 am

nice...thanks for sharing. :geek: with interest. watched a few of those vids this morning instead of getting out skiing. i need to close the computer :roll:

points for style all around tho...

Young Satchel

Post by Young Satchel » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:37 am

Man those are fun videos. Dudes look like rippers to my uneducated eyes. So....in my continued quest to understand the nuances of XC/XCD/AT, what kind of set ups are those boys skiing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t-$

Post by t-$ » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:47 am

i'm definitely not the authority on this, but somebody mentioned to me they were on voille vector bc's and possibly something about burnt mtn bindings, which are a ntn telemark i believe.

http://burntmtn.com/index_flash6.html

i think that's just an example of the stuff they ski. don't take my word on that. hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in here...

as far as what to call it? "nice skiing" i think works. my novice eye just says to label them "telemarkers". :?: edited further to add, definitely not xc or xcd, since they are not on xc skis or bindings. maybe that will stick in somebodies craw, but i doubt it...
Last edited by t-$ on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Young Satchel

Post by Young Satchel » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:49 am

Thx!

Oh I read about those bindings in here a while back I think . And yeah I saw a Voille logo briefly but wasn’t sure what ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk