22designs Lynx TTS/NTN

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
devonpowell

22designs Lynx TTS/NTN

Post by devonpowell » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:46 pm

http://www.telemarkskier.com/22ds-lynx- ... wered-ntn/

Just saw this morning and am really intrigued. 0.3 lbs heavier than meidjo.

I absolutely love touring on the pin setup, and love how NTN skis.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Re: 22designs Lynx TTS/NTN

Post by Johnny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:12 pm

Very, very exciting... Looks like the Meidjo is getting some serious competition now...

What all the NTN options out there are missing is an adjustement plate as good as the Freeride...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

devonpowell

Post by devonpowell » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:10 pm

not to hijack my own thread, but whats the deal with the adjustment plate? I never feel the need to adjust my binding location once mounted. Is it for that or for swapping bindings, or something else?

iBjorn

Post by iBjorn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:17 pm

I think it is to adjust the pivot point and the activity of the binding. Look at the TTS bindings that usually have 3 settings/pivot points.

devonpowell

Post by devonpowell » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:25 pm

iBjorn wrote:I think it is to adjust the pivot point and the activity of the binding. Look at the TTS bindings that usually have 3 settings/pivot points.
I guess I understand that with the TTS, but what about for the freerides?

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

Post by Johnny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:39 pm

devonpowell wrote:I never feel the need to adjust my binding location once mounted
I do. But hey, I'm a freak... :lol:

If Rottefella can come out with movable NNN bindings at only 149g each, I see no reason why it couldn't be done on NTN... Ok ok, never that light... But the ability to move the binding a few centimeters fore and aft is a must for serious hard pack NTN carvers... (Especially when you have 24 holes to drill... ) Not so relevant for powder or BC use though...
/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

bbergey

Post by bbergey » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Johnny wrote:
devonpowell wrote:I never feel the need to adjust my binding location once mounted
I do. But hey, I'm a freak... :lol:

If Rottefella can come out with movable NNN bindings at only 149g each, I see no reason why it couldn't be done on NTN... Ok ok, never that light... But the ability to move the binding a few centimeters fore and aft is a must for serious hard pack NTN carvers... (Especially when you have 24 holes to drill... ) Not so relevant for powder or BC use though...
I think it is relevant to pow skis! I wish my bindings on Chargers could move back when snow is deep... not a good position for hard snow though. Guess I could just drill more holes for my TTS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devonpowell

Post by devonpowell » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:13 pm

Switching gears a bit - the other cool thing about having a tech toe seems to be the release-ability it offers.

Nick BC
Ski style: Free heel Resort/Backcountry
Favorite Skis: Voile Vector BC,Trab Altavia and Hagan Ride 75
Favorite boots: Scarpa TX and T3

Post by Nick BC » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:49 pm

It's hard to assess releasibility from the illustration, where the duckbutt clamp looks pretty basic. With the tech toe you need a release function in the duckbutt such as Meidjo has. IME the Meidjo release works extremely well. However, if the Lynx has comparable releasibility to Meidjo I would be in the market for a pair.

Another issue is snow build-up, which plagues the Meidjo 1.2 and 2.0 and has apparently been solved with version 2.1 at a slight weight penalty. It's hard to tell from the illustration whether the Lynx has similar crevices and protrusions to allow for sticky snow to pack in.

teleclub

Post by teleclub » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:42 am

Can anyone tell how the step in works for the second heel? How does that metal fitting move forward to grab the NTN second heel when you step in?

Second heel aside, let's not forget one of our own TTalk members did carbon leaf springs for tele-tech first: Telemo!
TeleMo SkiMo Dynema cord with F1 cuff buckle as cable throw in front.jpg
TeleMo SkiMo carbon leaf springs.jpg