One Wasatch

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics
Favorite Skis: Redsters, Radicals, XCD Comps, Objectives and S98s
Favorite boots: Alpina Alaska XP, Alfa Guards, Scarpa TX Comp

One Wasatch

Post by Johnny » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Ok, now I think I will take a deeper look at the required paperwork in order to get a Green Card...
OneWasatch.com

/...\ Peace, Love, Telemark and Tofu /...\
"And if you like to risk your neck, we'll boom down Sutton in old Quebec..."

sheik Yerbouti

Re: One Wasatch

Post by sheik Yerbouti » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:51 pm

Johnny your a fool if you think this is a positive thing, to much of the limited Wasatch high country is already in control of the resorts. Vail is now making very aggressive inroads into local resorts and management, what little remains is likely to become even more scarce. If you were a real free heeler instead of a lift pussy you would be strongly opposed to this B.S.

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:00 pm

Now Sheik..but if you were a bit more honest, like my humble self,
you would just admit that the vast number of turns "earned" are done so with
the help of lifts..it's just the simple truth..SC baby , SC! Sure, the "James" and other ski pussy rich
babies of the ski world can go out one or 2x per/month (5x per season???) and get 2 or 3k and then pretend they
are the elite of ski mountaineering, but it's just bullshit..and so is all that
crap posted by the "mountaineers" of TGR..PURE mommy-and-daddy-pay-for-it
bullshit! But then, someone has to pay to save the snow!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You want authentic earning , then XCD; the other claims are BULLSHIT!
"Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, on the road to Shambala"

sheik Yerbouti

Post by sheik Yerbouti » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Obviously neither of you have a clue about the dynamics's of the Wasatch, the true high country is actually a very small area ( ATA has a nice a but cutsie article on his Straghtchuter.com site). The resorts have already taken the majority of the best terrain. outside of the small wilderness areas, add this with the compitition from the Heli skiers and it's getting to be a very crowded place, we have other winter users such as hikers and snowshoer's seeking peace a quite also. And I do earn my turns typically 4-6 vert on a given day and s do many others. I have been skiing the Wasatch for over 40 years and continue to see it becoming more and more compromised by the developers who represent a small but influential part of the population. It's not just about skiing, this area is used year round by hikers, Mt bikers, site seer's etc. it is also the primary watershed for a population of over 1 million. Besides with a few minor climbs totaling less than 1000 vert one could do the interconnect any way.

Johnny
Site Admin
Ski style: Dancing with God with leathers / Racing against the machine with plastics

Post by Johnny » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:06 am

You are right Sheik, I don't know a thing about the Wasatch, I never said I did. I've never been to Utah and there's no way I could afford living down there.

Now talking about pussies, sorry but I'm not gonna play that lame game. I earn my turns every single day, far from any resorts. And I honestly don't give a fuck about my vertical feet yearly average or if people are skiing the lifts or not. Just do what you like bro. But since I'm into the wild everyday, you will understand that yeah, I sometimes dream about lift served resort skiing.

We have the opposite problem here. Everything is over-protected. You can't cut a single tree without having half of the population protesting against it. Which makes me wonder... Since you've been there for 40 years, since you have such a strong basin of users, and since this is such a negative thing, why did you let this happen?

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:58 pm

sheik Yerbouti wrote:Obviously neither of you have a clue about the dynamics's of the Wasatch, the true high country is actually a very small area ( ATA has a nice a but cutsie article on his Straghtchuter.com site). The resorts have already taken the majority of the best terrain. outside of the small wilderness areas, add this with the compitition from the Heli skiers and it's getting to be a very crowded place, we have other winter users such as hikers and snowshoer's seeking peace a quite also. And I do earn my turns typically 4-6 vert on a given day and s do many others. I have been skiing the Wasatch for over 40 years and continue to see it becoming more and more compromised by the developers who represent a small but influential part of the population. It's not just about skiing, this area is used year round by hikers, Mt bikers, site seer's etc. it is also the primary watershed for a population of over 1 million. Besides with a few minor climbs totaling less than 1000 vert one could do the interconnect any way.
1) Move to Idaho..or montana..and ; 2) stop being a member of E-No-T ; it's corrupting your honesty..
; 3) Seriously, you're a great guy, your time spent at the resort does not tarnish
your image!!! :lol: :lol: ; 4) The problem is "a given day" means once a month ? WTF ? You can
get 4 k of vert in a couple runs ..often in fresh snow where we ski! :lol:

Oh Johhny, it's so terrible skiing at the lifts and using them for some SC fun --but I only do it because (like WhiteHoney
of Ttips and now E-No-T fame ) of the kids ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Look how crowded it is today on Mt Spokane...People are too lazy to go to
the N side to get out of the storm fog, so the fresh snow goes untouched..

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:13 am

I don't mind the lifts... I love them! I just can't afford it... :D
I like skiing... No matter where...!

The only thing that REALLY pisses me off is those cool sports guys from the city calling themselves BACKCOUNTRY SKIERS just because they ski once a week on their expensive plastic AT tech gear and can't stop bragging about their last year's lame heli-skiing trip everywhere on the net...

Raventele
BANNED!
BANNED!

Post by Raventele » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:17 am

LoveJohnny wrote:I don't mind the lifts... I love them! I just can't afford it... :D
I like skiing... No matter where...!

The only thing that REALLY pisses me off is those cool sports guys from the city calling themselves BACKCOUNTRY SKIERS just because they ski once a week on their expensive plastic AT tech gear and can't stop bragging about their last year's lame heli-skiing trip everywhere on the net...
Dude, once per/week ? How kind you are !!! Fk, you meant once per/month ???!
Christ, in many cases over there at the other forum, I doubt some get out
once per/season! Most maybe 4 or 5 times..Image

Johnny
Site Admin

Post by Johnny » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:03 pm

I'm ultra-super-duper radical. But for the sake of respect, once a week seemed appropriate.

But we can't judge a skier based only on their ski days. I know some really, really cool guys who only ski 20-30 times a year. And I know a lot of complete idiots who are there everyday.

In order to tell a real idiot from a cool guy, you have to evaluate:

1- The frequency / number of days
2- The distance driven to go ski
3- The gear used
4- How many times they will keep talking their trips
5- Whether or not they are also using their Black Diamond poles for snowshoeing.

As you can see, the number of backcountry days vs resort days doesn't mean much...