The first day we tried out the cascade xc center in Lake Placid. The conditions were less than ideal - mid to upper 20s, semi groomed with packed granular - but there was enough loose snow to make it fun. Followed the trails off center and enjoyed some of the jackrabbit trail on private land. Took on some steep (for me) downhills that pushed my limits and learned a lot about controlling my descents.
Day two the weather warmed up considerably (low 40s) and everything got softer. Took the jackrabbit trail up to lake placid from the Craig Wood golf course and enjoyed some beautiful forests and ravines.
Started to rain on us just as we got back to the car, chasing us off the trail.
Was great fun, but I wish the conditions allowed us to venture further than we were able to.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have fond memories of the 4 years I worked at Cascade XC center, hoping to make it back over there this season or next.
- Posts: 1824
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:25 am
- Location: New Hampshire
- Ski style: Bumps, trees, and steeps and long woodsy XC tours
- Favorite Skis: DH: Voile V6, Altai KOMs, XC: Asnes Gamme 54, Classy Woodies
- Favorite boots: T2Eco, T4, Alaska
- Occupation: Retro Rager-grouch. Flailmeister. E99 Nerd
- Has liked: 9 times
- Been liked: 11 times