adding leashes to nnnbc bindings

This is the World Famous TelemarkTalk / TelemarkTips Forum, by far the most dynamic telemark and backcountry skiing discussion board on the world wide web. We have fun here, come on in and be a part of it.
t-$

adding leashes to nnnbc bindings

Post by t-$ » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:16 pm

hi,

i think i read one or some of you may have at one time modified nnn bc bindings, possibly with leashes? wanting to add some but thought i should seek advice or experience before i do it.

i'm fine with the building of the actual leash, but where is the best place to drill on those bindings?? they are manuals, so that might help? any thoughts?

thanks!

Woodserson
Ski style: Bumps, trees, steeps and long woodsy XC tours

Re: adding leashes to nnnbc bindings

Post by Woodserson » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:02 am

They didn't come with the little metal tab that mounts underneath the toepiece?

t-$

Re: adding leashes to nnnbc bindings

Post by t-$ » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 am

??

ummm, i don't think so. i've mounted 4 sets of these bindings this season, and all have come with exactly the same stuff, but no piece that goes "under the toepiece"? the only metal part was a two sided washer that fits into the plastic plate below the screw-heads and is all hidden by the manual lever.

i'll have to do some more looking...

thanks tho!

i went back and read some of those threads on this topic. i do now remember seeing those plates that go under the binding. that is a nice simple solution and it would have been nice to have that when i mounted the eons. but now i know for the future. exploring some options and the suggestion of mounting a tab with another screw in front of the bindings seems like the best solution. :(